Add some fun to lunchtime with a BLT in the form of a healthy salad! Easy, 5-minute recipe for a creamy avocado dressing included!
It’s Monday so bacon is kinda required. Oh, and avocados too. Avocados are nice pretty much any time and any place.
Soo I’ve got a salad for you today. It’s one of those salads that seems not-so-healthy, but c’mon, it’s a salad so obviously it’s health food.
And it’s kind of my new favorite lunch choice. I LOVE a good BLT sandwich for lunch, and I salivate just thinking about it. (my mom is worse than me—-she’s completely CRAZY about BLTS) But sometimes I’m in the mood for something lighter for lunch. (especially if I’m going to indulge in something like these cookies later) 😉
Solution? Make a salad.
A BLT salad is the next-best thing to having an actual BLT sandwich. Although I did kind of go non-traditional with the dressing for this salad because I just so happened to have several PERFECTLY ripe avocados on the counter…So yeah, somehow a creamy avocado dressing appeared.
The dressing is super-duper simple and comes together in less than 5 minutes in your food processor. Avocados, mayonnaise, sour cream, a garlic clove, lemon juice, dried parsley, and a dash of salt get pulsed several times until smooth and creamy. (you may have to scrape down the sides a few times)
TIP: Don’t leave the lemon juice out of your avocado dressing! It adds a nice tang to the dressing and prevents it from turning brown.
You’ll need to grab your lettuce (I used romaine)
Diced tomatoes….(after dicing them, drain them on paper towels for a few minutes to prevent your salad from turning soggy)
Toss it all together til it’s nice and ‘purty.
And generously douse with your creamy avocado dressing.
Dig into your healthier BLT for the day with zero guilt. 😉
BLT Salad With Avocado Dressing
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 large tomatoes diced and drained on paper towels
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and coarsely chopped
- AVOCADO DRESSING:
- 2 medium ripe avocados halved and peeled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the salad: In a large serving bowl, toss all salad ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a food processor. Pulse several times until dressing is smooth and creamy, scraping down sides a few times.
- Place salad on individual serving plates and drizzle with avocado dressing. Serve immediately.
I know you’ll love this similar salad!