These ultimately fudgy brownies combine the best of THREE worlds! Brownies, cheesecake, AND peanut butter. You won’t be able to have just one of these addicting brownies!
I should really just rename this blog Sarah’s Brownie Obsession.
If you’re a regular around here, you would know that I am completely crazy for brownies.
Over the past few months I have racked up so many brownie recipes, it’s kind of insane.
Can’t stop. Won’t stop.
THESE brownies are insane.
Super-dense and fudgy. Unbelievably chocolatey. And guys, PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE.
INSIDE these insane brownies.
Yes, yes, YES!
These are seriously one of fudgiest brownies I’ve ever had in my life. I think it’s the peanut butter cheesecake swirl that contributes the extra moistness and fudginess.
I call them sin in a pan. For a very good reason, too.
These are, hands-down, the most sinful brownies I have ever sunk my teeth into.
I am completely in love with cheesecake brownies. They combine the absolute best of both worlds. Multiply that by 5000 when you throw creamy peanut butter in the mix.
Diet-friendly? No. Worth it? Heck’ yes.
Ok, quick little sidenote here: So while I was making these brownies, Rachel was watching me and wanted to help so I asked her to get out the cocoa powder for me. Well, she was gone for like 5 minutes so I went to look for her and found her cradling the cocoa powder in her arms and TALKING to it.
Yes, I was a little disturbed by this. Here’s what she said:
Rachel: “Oh, chocolate I love you so much. You’re my favorite thing in the world. I like to EAT you in my tummy.”
Me: Umm. Rachel, what are you doing?
Rachel: I’m talking to the chocolate. ‘Cause I love it so much.
Me: Well, I kind of need it if I’m gonna make brownies.
Rachel: (sighing) Oh, all right. But first I’m going to give it a kiss.
She then proceeded to give the container of cocoa powder a kiss AND a hug.
Okay. Am I the only one who is a little freaked out by this?? My almost 4-year old sister is completely obsessed with chocolate.
I’m a little scared.
Also a little amused. I literally could not stop laughing.
As you can probably imagine, my chocholic-family went completely nuts-o over these brownies and demolished them before the day was over. I managed to bring a few over to my neighbor and she was like “Oh, I ‘ll just have half of one right now.”
About 30 seconds later: “Scratch that. I’m eatin’ the whole thing. Oh my gosh, Sarah….”
A word of warning: DON’T make these brownies unless there’s a bunch of people around to help you eat them. You may be inclined to eat the entire pan-full in one sitting.
I do not speak from experience. 😉
You should eat one of these brownies for breakfast and then have salads for the rest of the day.
Balance, people. 😉
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup xylitol or sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside. In another large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid, stirring until just combined. (batter will be very thick)
- Spread half of the batter in prepared pan and set other half aside while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Place softened cream cheese in a medium bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy. Beat in xylitol (or sugar) peanut butter, egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon spoonfuls of cheesecake filling in random order over brownie batter. Top with remaining brownie batter. Using a knife, gently cut through batter to create a swirl pattern (do not overmix, otherwise you'll lose the swirl effect)
- Bake brownies at 350F 24-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool brownies completely on a wire cooling rack before cutting into squares.
Welcome to my brownie shrine. 😀
Marshmallow-Topped Brownies With Salted Pecan Caramel Sauce
Graham-Bottom Brownies with Whipped Chocolate Ganache
(one of the most popular recipes on my blog!)
Peanut Butter Fudge Swirl Brownies
(not quite as dense and fudgy as today’s brownie, but still one of my favs!)
Double-Chocolate Skillet Brownies
(like a brownie pie but better!)
Arpita@ TheGastronomicBong says
Gosh.. This looks Ahhhmazingggg… I simply adore peanut butter and chocolate combination.. oh n i love cheesecake.. You managed to bring all the three things together.. Simply Superb… 🙂
It’s a combination made in brownie heaven, for sure! Haha. Thank you Arpita!
I definitely agree that these bars combine the best of THREE worlds! Chewy brownies bursting with flavor are the BEST kind of brownies! These look wonderful!
Thanks, Wendy! 😉