Looking to kick your lunch wraps up a notch? Try these fun chicken wraps that are LOADED with tons of fresh veggies and topped with a sweet ‘n’ spicy mango sauce.
Lunchtime should be fun time. And when you’re in a rush to get lunch going, wraps are usually one of the first things most people think of. Because they’re super-simple, quick, and usually very filling too.
Unfortunately most lunch wraps also range somewhere between “dull” and “dullest”. And if you’ll recall above: Lunchtime should be FUN.
These wraps are about as fun as they come. They’re jam-packed with perfectly seasoned chicken, loaded with tons of crunchy fresh veggies, and smothered with a tropical mango sauce.
The whole 9 yards of lunchtime extraordinaire.
These wraps are gonna knock everyone at the lunch table’s socks off. Nobody needs to know that this gourmet lunch of yours took less than 20 minutes to make AND is unbelievably healthy for you.
20 minutes, guys. Just do it. 😀
And the sauce. Oh my GOSH you guys, THE SAUCE! It’s perfectly sweet from the tropical mango, but also has a subtle kick of spiciness from red onion and jalapeno pepper. It’s so good you may just wanna grab a spoon.
Don’t knock it til’ you try it! This sauce is addicting-ly awesome, peeps.
And it compliments the juicy chicken and the fresh veggies SO well. It’s like the icing on the cake. Or the tortilla in this case. 😉
If you’re in a rush to get these wraps on the table, feel free to use pre-cooked chicken. It makes the prep work go sooo much faster. Since I’m a sucker for from-scratch cooking, I usually pre-cook this chicken ahead of time and then just leave it in the fridge until lunchtime rolls around.
Then I’ll just throw the chicken on my tortilla, pile on the veggies and then top it all off with a generous mountain of mango sauce.
So. Much. Sauce. ♥
Roll ‘er up and down it goes. In seconds, guys.
My family practically INHALES these wraps every time I make them. And you should know that my family is unbelievably picky when it comes to something like a lunch wrap. That will just tell you how amazing these wraps are.
Psssssst…these wraps also make an EPIC super-light dinner. You know, just in case you have leftovers.
Which I’m positive you won’t. 😉
Chicken Veggie Wraps with Mango Sauce
- MANGO SAUCE:
- 1 large mango peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large sweet peppers seeded and cut into strips
- 2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 cups lettuce leaves
- 8 flour tortillas
- Make the mango sauce: Place all mango sauce ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times until smooth, scraping down sides if necessary. Transfer sauce to small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the wraps: In a large skillet, saute chicken, cumin, chili powder, and garlic in oil until chicken is browned and juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
- Divide cooked chicken, peppers, tomatoes, and lettuce between tortillas and top each generously with mango sauce. Roll tortillas up and serve.
You must try my other lunch ideas next!
Grilled Veggie Orzo Pasta Salad
Summer Rice Salad with Grilled Veggies + Feta
Leave a Reply