Loaded with sweet pear slices, tangy goat cheese, and lots of toasted pecans, this pear goat cheese salad is the perfect fall salad!
Everyone needs a good fall salad up their sleeve! Pairing sweet pears and funky goat cheese in this gem of a salad is the ULTIMATE combo and just screams fall.
It’s gorgeous, nice and loaded with the goods, and even comes with a killer maple orange vinaigrette that bumps all the flavors up a notch!
The real win about this pear salad though is it’s SO easy to whip up at a moment’s notice and will absolutely shine on any holiday table as a centerpiece salad.
This Pear Salad features…
- Juicy pear slices and tangy goat cheese
- Soft golden raisins and rosemary toasted pecans
- A sweet and tangy orange maple vinaigrette
- Minutes to make and goes well with a variety of meals
Making the Pear Salad
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Unsalted butter
- Spring greens mix
- Goat cheese
- Golden raisins
- Orange juice
- Maple syrup
- Whole-grain mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
Tips for Perfect Pear Salad
- Toast pecans with rosemary – let the pecans and rosemary toast in a little butter until fragrant and toasted. This adds a lot of depth of flavor to the salad!
- Assemble salad just before serving – this keeps the pears from turning brown and keeps the greens fresh.
- Make dressing ahead of time – whisk all the ingredients for the dressing and store in refrigerator until ready to dress salad.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this salad.
- Try a different cheese – try feta cheese, shaved Parmesan, or sharp cheddar in place of the goat cheese.
- Swap out the pears – if you don’t have pears on hand, try using apples instead.
- Use a different nut – you can omit the pecans completely or replace with sliced almonds, hazelnuts, pine nuts, or walnuts.
- Add chicken – top salad with shredded cooked chicken for extra protein.
- Use a different dressing – try a balsamic, red wine, or Italian dressing in place of the homemade.
What to Serve with Salad
This salad goes well with a wide variety of dishes, but is also definitely hearty enough to stand alone as a lunch or dinner salad.
We love serving this salad alongside soups, crusty homemade bread, roast turkey or beef, or mashed potatoes.
The flavors and textures of this salad are absolutely a DREAM together! The juicy pears, tangy goat cheese, crunchy rosemary pecans, and sweet golden raisins all just work.
New salad go-to? I’m thinking yeah.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Try these other killer salads next!
Pear Goat Cheese Salad
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 6 cups spring greens mix
- 3 medium pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (or regular)
Orange Maple Dressing
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and rosemary and stir around 3-4 minutes until pecans are toasted and fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine spring greens, pears, goat cheese, golden raisins, and rosemary pecans. Set aside for a moment.
Orange Maple Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, maple syrup, mustard, and vinegar until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat. Serve salad immediately and enjoy!
This post was updated with new recipe adjustments and photos on 11/2/23.