Creamy steel-cut oatmeal and roasted strawberries are a match made in heaven in this filling and heart-healthy breakfast in a bowl!
Well, a happy Monday to you too!
In other news…hiiiiii! Are you ready for the bowl of oatmeal of your life and a supa’-fun giveaway to boot?!
I know you just said yes, because you guys are super-smart people. That’s why I like you.
Psssssst! Giveaway details are at the end of this post. Keep a’readin!
Let’s me just throw this out there: I have a not-so-secret confession, guys.—I’m addicted to oatmeal. I’m a total creature of habit and have a bowl of oatmeal pretty much every.single.day for breakfast. Why? Because I’m super-boring that’s why. Totally livin’ the glamorous food blogger life.
I am attempting to put a sprinkle of interesting in my morning oatmeal convention because boring stuff just doesn’t agree with this picky foodie’s tastebuds.
*Disclaimer: I’m not picky even a little bit. I like everything. Just had to let you know that.*
ENTER, maple-roasted strawberries. Meet my bowl of creamy hot steel-cut oatmeal.
Stay together forever and always grace my cereal bowl in the dark hours of woe. (i.e. early mornings)
YES x 10.
This oatmeal is kinda an awesome sight for those sore eyes on those early, sluggish mornings where even coffee isn’t doing it’s job. (I know that feeling faaaaaar too well) The steel-cut oatmeal is UNBELIEVABLY smooth and creamy, and the strawberries. Oh, gosh guys where do I even begin….
I guess I should start by telling you that roasted strawberries is totally becoming a thing. Get on board because I just insist.
Here’s what happens: As the strawberries roast in the maple-y goodness, they will burst a little bit and get all soft and tender and you will seriously want to faceplant into the pan right then and there.
Try to save at least 1/4 of the pan though for that bowl of gorgeous oatmeal. It really needs a straw-buddy.
Haaaaardy-har-har, I’m so clever….
Generous helpings of milk are pretty awesome too. And completely necessary.
Like so. →
This gorgeous bowl of oatmeal awesomeness is just how you want to face a Monday, friends. Oh, and I definitely would not object if you were to……well…. drizzle melted chocolate on top of the strawberries, or something crazy like that.
It is Monday after all. 😉
Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Maple-Roasted Strawberries (and a giveaway!)
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking steel-cut oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Milk for serving
- Place strawberries in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with maple syrup. Roast strawberries at 400F 10-11 minutes or until softened and bursting. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in oats and reduce heat to low and cover. Stir occasionally 7-10 minutes or until oatmeal is creamy and soft. Remove from heat and stir in salt and sugar.
- Serve oatmeal with maple-roasted strawberries and milk. Enjoy immediately!
As promised here’s the giveaway! I am giving away one 3-set gift set from Bob’s Red Mill. This gift set includes one bag of Quick-Cooking Steel-Cut Oats, one bag of Organic Tri-Colored Quinoa, and one bag of Unsweetened Flaked Coconut. Bob’s Red Mill was super-generous enough to sponsor this giveaway so definitely pop over to their website for recipe ideas, and more awesome products!
Here are the rules of the giveaway:
- Giveaway begins May 18th and will end June 1st at 12am CT.
- Giveaway is open only to U.S. residents 18 years and older.
- Giveaway winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond or else a new winner will be chosen.
That’s it! Use Rafflecopter below to fill out the mandatory entry and then follow the prompts to get your name in the drawing more times! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway