The TikTok famous baked oats get a flavor spin in these raspberry chocolate chip baked oats. Ready in minutes with a handful of ingredients and gluten-free!
Fashionably late as always, but we’ve officially arrived to the TikTok viral baked oats trend!
And with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you KNOW we’re making it festive as heck with a little raspberry + chocolate action.
Best part? These baked oats serve as breakfast, snacktime, dessert, and literally whatever else you want them to be.
Only requirement is that you go heavy on the chocolate. You know that’s how things roll around here.
Also, can we get an amen for personal-sized treats? You won’t have to be sharing these little gems with anyone!
These Raspberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oats feature…
- A soft, fluffy cake-like texture
- Juicy raspberries and pockets of gooey chocolate chips
- The batter is made completely in the blender then baked in individual ramekins
- Minutes to make and only 9 basic ingredients needed
Making the Chocolate Chip Baked Oats
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Old-fashioned rolled oats (quick-cooking would also work!)
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Mini chocolate chips
What are Baked Oats?
Baked oats originally went viral on TikTok and got extremely popular because of their unique texture and healthy, basic ingredients.
These baked oats boast a soft cake-like texture made up of primarily ground oats. All the ingredients are blended together in either a food processor or blender, poured into ramekins, topped with your favorite add-ins, and baked.
There is NO flour, refined sugar, or dairy in baked oats which makes them a perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert if you’re looking for a lighter sweets option!
Tips for Perfect Baked Oats
- Use ripe bananas – the banana provides a lot of the sweetener for these oats so it’s important to use a ripe one here.
- Blend oats in blender or food processor – either appliance will work great, just make sure you blend until the oats and banana are completely broken down into a smooth batter.
- Fold add-ins into batter – once the batter is in the ramekins, swirl raspberries and chocolate chips into each cake using a toothpick or knife. Then top each with extra chocolate and raspberries for garnish.
- Bake oats in 8 oz ramekins – we find that 8-oz round ramekins work the best for getting a tall, perfectly domed cake.
- Bake at 350F – depending on your oven, these oats will take around 25-30 minutes to bake. Test cakes with a toothpick to ensure they are cooked through.
- Enjoy oats warm – these oats are best warm from the oven while the chocolate is melty!
There are so many ways to make baked oats using our base recipe and getting fancy with the add-ins! Try these ideas…
- Change up the chocolate – white, dark, milk, etc.
- Add a swirl of peanut butter – you could also try another nut butter such as almond or cashew!
- Swap out the fruit – strawberries, blueberries, cherries, or blackberries would all work great.
- Make it extra chocolatey – add a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder to the batter and of course, add extra chocolate chips.
Storing Baked Oats
Baked oats are typically best if served warm from the oven, but if you would like to store these oats. —> cool them completely, then wrap ramekins in plastic wrap and store at room temperature up to 3 days.
To reheat, microwave oats 30-60 seconds until heated through.
Seriously, these oats are SO simple but literally a breakfast + snacktime game changer! The texture is insanely moist, fluffy, and just bursting with juicy raspberries and plenty of rich chocolate.
Trust me, this is one trend that’s worth hopping on. You won’t regret it!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch these baked oats made step-by-step on Google web stories!
More treats featuring oatmeal you’ll want to try next!
- Iced Oatmeal Raisin Apple Cookies
- Coconut Chia Caramelized Banana Oatmeal
- Breakfast Peach Blueberry Oatmeal Cobbler
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 large ripe banana, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 8-oz ramekins and place on a medium baking sheet.
- In a blender or food processor, combine oats, banana, eggs, honey, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Blend on high speed until batter is smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared ramekins then use a spoon to swirl in raspberries and chocolate chips. Top oats with any remaining raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Bake oats at 350F 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool oats several minutes then serve warm. Enjoy!