These ultimately-juicy turkey burgers will make any summer night a party! A silky spinach whipped feta and plenty of tangy caramelized onions take them over the top in the flavor department.
The first unofficial weekend of summer is practically upon us. So I feel that it’s only fitting to celebrate with a burger today.
Actually, I really cannot even contain my excitement right now over these burgers. That and the fact that a GLORIOUS long holiday weekend stretches ahead of us. WOOT!
We’re celebratin’ today, friends. Grab a burger and make ‘yerself at home.
I’ll dish here, guys: These burgers are phenom. There is seriously SO much goodness going on your head will be SPINNING by the time this post comes to an end.
My tastebuds + mind = blown into 2395 pieces.
Let’s talk about the meat: These burgers are seriously SO ultra-juicy and packed with ‘zee flavor punches. Whoever started all that bad rap about turkey burgers being lame and all that is seriously cray, because this is seriously burger heaven. Forget the beef! Health-ified turkey forever. Amen.
I could eat these for breakfast, lunch and dinner every freakin’ day for the rest of moi life. Honestly.
So the green stuff here. Yes, I totally did it. I finally tried whipped feta only you know me: I had to go off the beaten path and throw something green into the mix so say hi to the spinach, guys!
Whipped spinach feta for LIFE. I could eat this stuff with a spoon.
I so did.
Now about the onions. My gosh, guys I seriously can’t even think of a more perfect burger condiment on this planet.
*maybe the whipped feta.* Shhhhhh!
Don’t skip the onions on these burgers, friends or I will seriously CRY! They whip up in less than 5 minutes and they’re sweet, they’re tangy and oh-so perfectly caramelized.
They are eat-straight-outta-the-pan-worthy. I’ll just put that out there, but if anyone asks you did NOT here that from me. Thanks.
Question: What do you get when you tie up all this awesomeness between a bun and call it a day?
The glorified, health-ified turkey burger of your.life. Tell your tastebuds to LOOK OUT because awesomeness is about to hit ’em right in the face.
My favorite part? These burgers may LOOK involved and super-complicated, but in reality, they’re really not! You can prep most of the components ahead of time and then just assemble everything at a moments notice for those times when unexpected holiday guests descend upon your house and beg for food.
Story of mah liiiiiiife. No complaints though. I like feeding people. It makes this girl HAPPY!
These burgers will make pretty much anyone happy. And I’m here to tell ‘ya that you NEED these in your life this holiday weekend.
May your long weekend be filled with BURGERS. Happy Memorial Day, y’all!
Turkey Burgers with Whipped Spinach Feta + Balsamic Caramelized Onions
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- WHIPPED SPINACH FETA:
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- 1 medium onion sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hamburger buns for serving
- Make the burgers: In a large bowl, combine burger ingredients. Shape into 8 patties and refrigerate until ready to cook. Once ready to cook, grill burgers over a medium-high heated grill, turning occasionally until meat is no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Keep burgers warm.
- Make the feta: Place cheese, spinach and garlic in a food processor. Process a 30-60 minutes or until feta is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Make the onions: In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion in butter 1 minute until onions are just barely softened, Stir in remaining ingredients and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until onions are softened and caramelized.
- Assemble the burgers: Place burgers on split buns. Top burgers with whipped feta, caramelized onions and bun tops. Enjoy immediately!
Any awesome plans for this weekend? I hope they involve some awesome food! Check these winners out. —>