Extra-juicy, cajun-rubbed chicken tenders are piled high with a sweet ‘n’ spicy mango avocado salsa for one super-easy and flavorful weeknight chicken dinner!
Hey, hey! Welcome to Fun-Dinner Monday and chicken dinner 500.0
Are you a chicken-lover? Is that even a question? Let’s be friends, because I’m clearly wrapped up in all things chicken dinner these days…
As if you didn’t know that or something?..
Just in case you didn’t, I’m bringin’ in the confirmed proof today…
In chicken form, obviously.
Today we’re fancyin’ things up just a little bit for our Monday night dinner fare. Zippy-rubbed chicken tenders. Piled with the most amazing mango PLUS avocado salsa.
With even more salsa on the side. And tortilla chips = NECESSARY.
Haaaaaalp. I’ve got a total full-blown girl crush on this chicken. It has grabbed ahold of every part of my brain and will not let gooooooo.
So I’m just gonna roll with it. And let myself be obsessed. See how easy I solve problems??
Let’s discuss the actual chicken. It’s the staaaar! Extra-juicy chicken tenders, rubbed with tons of cajun spice seasoning and quickly pan-fried in minutes flat.
You could totally stop there and have a fine chicken dinner, but uh we’re taking things to the omg-shove-that-in-my-FACE category. So let’s make our way over here to….
…the salsa. The co-star. Oh gosh, guys the SALSA. Sweet from the mango, silky from the avocado, and slightly-spicy all at the same time. I’m obsessed and I want to put it on ALL THE THINGS.
Like all the chicken. Such a glorious sight to behold. ♥
This chicken just needs to be a part of ALL the Monday meals. Shall we put it to a vote?
My tastebuds voted yeaaaaaaa!
And P.S. does this entire chicken shabang not SCREAM Labor Day weekend to you?? It’s right around the corner and our patio-in-the-making is nearly ready for LOTS of chillin’ and chicken-eatin’.
…aaaand s’mores too, but that almost doesn’t even need to be said. 😉
Guys, it’s Monday. We just all need winners of a dinner like this up our sleeve.
To be honest though, I’d much rather prefer it all up in my face. ♥
Cajun-Rubbed Chicken Tenders with Mango-Avocado Salsa
- 2 lbs chicken breasts each breast split in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium mango peeled and diced
- 2 medium avocados peeled and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub chicken breasts with cajun seasoning. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmery. Cook chicken breasts in batches, turning occasionally until chicken is golden brown on each side and registers 160F. Keep warm and set aside.
- Make the salsa: In a large bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salsa over warm chicken tenders. Enjoy immediately!
More dinner winnnnnnnnners!