Ultra-moist and fudgy inside and loaded up with a double-whammy of chocolate, you’d never guess that these brownie-like muffins are lighter on the calories!
I come bearing brownies in the form of breakfast.
The brownies for breakfast sequel. And the insanity continues.
Okay, I’m so over being calm. Oh my GOSH, you guys! It’s Friday and I don’t think I have EVER looked forward to the weekend more than I am right now. Maybe I’m still partly in vacation-mode? Whatever the reason, all I know is that this week was loooong. Like snails-pace long.
Like eat all the brownie muffins now that’s finally Friday kinda-long.
And friends, that is exactly what I plan to do.
You can join me if ‘ya want. I might share…maybe.
I call dibs on the biggest and chocolate-iest filled ones though.
Ooh, look at me with my fancy-shmancy emojiis just like a cool kid!
*ahem.* Moving right along past that…
‘Kay, so let’s chat it up about brownie muffins. Health-ified brownies sneakily disguised into muffins. Yet still has all that deep chocolate-y flavor and fudgy texture you love about brownies. With even more still chocolate dumped into the madness.
…because we CAN! ♥
Because did I mention that EACH muffin is only 150 calories?? Friends, that calls for two. Or five. Or maybe the whole batch??
That last option will undoubtedly occur if you just so happen to be the only person in the house.
These muffins are fairly similar to my slightly-insane variety of others, however the texture of these are just a LITTLE different. Don’t be scared, guys, it’s the GOOD kind of different. I reduced the amount of flour I normally add to muffins and loaded up on a double-dose of chocolate, in pursuit of a slightly-denser and fudgier texture.
Then we’re going to just SLIGHTLY underbake the muffins. No toothpicks coming out clean here!. When you test the muffins, look for moist crumbs sticking to the toothpick. Moist crumbs = Ultra-moist and fudgy interior!
Yes, I’d say Mission Brownie accomplished.
Are you ready for the brownie ride of your life? GO FOR IT.
Double-Chocolate Brownie Muffins
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin OR line cups with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat oil, sugar, yogurt, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. (batter will be slightly thin)
- Fill prepared muffin cups to brim with batter. Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and continue baking 14-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it.
- Cool muffins in pan 10 minutes, then transfer muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
In the mood for more muffins? They don’t call me the Muffin Lady for nothing…