Need a last-minute Thanksgiving appetizer? This pumpkin cheesecake dip whips up in 5 minutes flat and is seriously addicting! Don’t forget the homemade turkey gingersnap dippers!
Howdy! Popping in here for a quick second or two before I go plunging back into the chaos that is called omg-it’s-the-day-before-Thanksgiving-and-my-to-do-list-is-growing-by-the-second.
Ugh, I even lost my coffee for a scary 5 seconds this morning if you can believe that. Send help.
So. Before I head back to the holiday craziness I’m going to leave you with yet another app.
Because APPS, guys. They’re the life of the party as we all probably know, AND there’s the fact that I had one more awesome Thanksgiving app on my list to share with y’all that could not possibly wait ’til next year.
This pumpkin cheesecake dip, guys. Those gingersnap dippers hanging out in turkey form.
Repeat after me: OBSESSED. That’s what you and me are right now.
Let’s take a break from peeling potatoes and brining turkeys for a minute. It’s snacktime!
First things first, let’s talk dip! Pumpkin, cream cheese, agave nectar, vanilla, and spices get all whipped up til creamy, dreamy HE-AVEN.
Taste to make sure it’s edible. You know, just in case. 😉
Now if we’re being honest here, you COULD stop here and just enjoy this dip with graham crackers, apple slices, your spoon, ect. HOW-EVER…really, friends! How fun are these gingersnaps?? They’re little turkeys and they’re super-fun, adorbs + so darn good.
Okay, I’m actually saying don’t skip them. Just don’t.
Seriously. Little turkey-shaped cookies, guys! Don’t even deny that the kid in you isn’t going nuts right now. 😉
Sooooo are you convinced yet that you probably need this winner turkey day app on your snacky list for tomorrow?
I’m hoping we all have one of those. 😉
Now I’ve gotta go peel 500 lbs of potatoes, so I’m just gonna leave you with the dip. You know whatcha gotta do. 😀
Happy Thanksgiving, friends! Eat lots and be thankful lots! ♥
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip with Turkey Gingersnaps
- TURKEY GINGERSNAPS:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE DIP:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the gingersnaps: In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until evenly creamed. Beat in molasses, egg, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Beat flour mixture into liquid until a cookie dough forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Divide chilled dough in half. Roll each half out to 1/4-in thickness on a floured surface, and cut out turkey shapes using a turkey cookie cutter. Place cookies on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden. Cool cookies on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the cheesecake dip: Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat on medium speed until creamy. Add pumpkin, agave, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, beating about a minute until dip is smooth and creamy. Store dip in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve gingersnaps with pumpkin cheesecake dip and enjoy!
Let’s go to app TOWN!
If you guys make any of my recipes for your Thanksgiving feast, I’d love to see them! Post a picture on Instagram and tag #wholeandheavenlyoven or sarah_wholeandheavenlyoven.—I can’t wait to see what you’re cooking up!