Extra-creamy and made completely in the fridge, this mocha-flavored raspberry chia seed pudding is the perfect way to get your healthy sweet tooth fix!
So I have a secret confession to spill, guys. It couples with the fact that I recently discovered a new-found love. Once again Sarah is 500 miles behind the food trends and is only at this moment (and like 10 moments yesterday and the day before) trying chia seed pudding for the first time.
And…I feel as though I should probably be eating it every.single.dang.second now to make up for lost time. Make sense? It sounded better in my head…
It was actually my mom who more or less pushed me on board the chia seed pudding train. A few weeks ago she texted me a video for chia seed pudding that she had apparently seen on Facebook and she then informed me that it looked insanely good and that needed to make it for
her us immediately.
I like to stay on my mom’s good side, so being the good daughter that I am, I came home and made Mom her chia seed pudding…
…and like the good daughter I am, I ashamedly nearly ate it all before she even saw it. Holy to the MOLEY, guys!!
I will freely admit to the fact that afterwards said pudding binge, my mom and I went a little crazy on Pinterest which involved lots of pinning of chia seed pudding recipes, much squealing of “OMG look at this one!” and frantic trips to the grocery store for more chia seeds.
And…this beauty of a recipe was born. And I’m currently dreaming up like 10 other versions because I’m obsessed. ♥
For those of you who have never tried chia seed pudding before, (and I sincerely hope there’s few of you) let me explain how it works. —>
- Chia seeds, milk, sweetener, and flavorings all get shook up in a jar.
- 4-hr to overnight chill time in the fridge.
- Hello, belly.
And that is seriously IT, guys! No cooking, no baking. Just waiting eternity for the chia seeds to soften and turn into the creamiest pudding ever.
Because you know I can never leave well enough alone, I totally had to kick things up in the flavors for this pudding. That may involve coffee. It definitely involves chocolate. And raspberries. Because Monday, yo!
Just a friendly warning from one pudding addict to a future pudding addict: you will be physically unable to keep a spoon out of this pudding.
Sorry, you’re welcome, and please enjoy. 😀
Raspberry Mocha Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup strong-brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- In a large mason jar, combine coconut milk, coffee, vanilla, agave, salt, cocoa, and chia seeds. Screw lid onto jar and shake several times until combined. Refrigerate chia seed pudding 4 hours or overnight until pudding is thickened and creamy.
- Place raspberries in a small bowl and sprinkle sugar over top. Spoon chia seed pudding into serving bowls and top with raspberries. Enjoy!
Let’s do more healthy chocolate!