Smoky grilled zucchini, charred sweet corn, and tons of other Mexican goodness collide in this loaded Mexican salad that’s a perfect way to use up the last of the summer produce!
So how ’bout them summer salads, guys? Are we over them yet?
Obviously I’m not, because look up there. ⇑ Surprise, surprise, it’s MORE salad! Mexican salad for the win!
With zucchini taking the star role and sweet corn co-starring. All hanging out Mexican-style. Yep, this is a very good day in salad land.
Off-topic, but you’re probably wondering how my first day of fall semester went yesterday after all my recent
whining and complaining about school starting again.
Well, there was certainly no easing into it since my first class of the year happened to be at 7am—thank goodness, it was a baking class though and I was actually moving around so I could stay awake.
Plus coffee. <— Yeah, that one.
You know what’s about to be your clutch dinner? This salad that we should probably start actually talking about sometime today.
Okay, so obviously summer is officially over for me, but I’m here to tell you that summer food doesn’t officially go out of style until at the very least the first week of September.
Dang it all, that means I still get to pile you with ALL my favorite summer eats.
Here’s the basics of this Mexican salad, y’all, because that’s really all it is. SO freaking basic.
Zucchini, sweet pepper, and sweet corn get thrown on the grill until charred.
Then bust out your knife skills and chop everything up all nice and pretty.
Dressing time! Since simple is our theme today, it’s just a simple lime-cilantro vinaigrette. But it brings out the Mexican flavors BIG TIME.
Big time in a way that requires you to eat all the salad in one sitting. Not giving any names out, but living proof.
Honestly, you’re going to love this Mexican salad more than ANY other salad you’ve made this summer, guys, and that’s a promise.
I strongly encourage/suggest eating it straight out of the bowl.
Try these summer salad winners next!
- Quick Pickle Cucumber Chicken Green Goddess Salad
- Balsamic Bleu Cheese Grilled Steak Strawberry Salad
Charred Zucchini Mexican Sweet Corn Salad
- 3 medium zucchini ends cut off and halved lengthwise
- 1 sweet pepper cored and cut in half
- 5 ears sweet corn husks removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub zucchini, sweet pepper, and corn with olive oil. Heat a grill to medium-high heat, then grill veggies directly on grates until zucchini and pepper are tender and corn is slightly charred. Remove from heat and dice zucchini and sweet pepper. Cut corn off of cob and toss zucchini, sweet pepper, corn, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat. Chill salad until ready to serve. Enjoy!