These super-fluffy power pancakes are packed with a huge punch of healthy protein and are insanely amazing with a warm chai spice maple syrup drizzled on top!
These pancakes are bringing new meaning to the term lazy-three-day-weekend-food.
New meaning in the sense of…holy guacamole, just LOOK at that stack. Gaze upon the protein power pancake perfection that is so obviously thiiiiiiiiiis. >>>
So how’s your Labor Day weekend going so far, friends? Are you up to anything super-exciting? It actually works out that mine stretches into a glorious four-day weekend since I don’t have classes on Fridays, and yep, it is GLORIOUS.
The weather is perfect this weekend and I’m spending quality time with the family, the boyfriend, and the grill/all the food. <<< my three top loves in case you were wondering.
And I mean, obviously protein power pancakes fit nicely right into that category. I actually can’t really think of anyplace that pancakes wouldn’t fit perfectly into.
My face of course being the preferred location. ??
Okay, we’ve got serious pancake discussion all set to go down, friends. I’ve got lots that I must tell you about these stacks of ultra-fluffy protein heaven.
We’ll start with the fact that the batter is yet another/possibly the 10 thousandth spinoff of my classic pancakes recipe. (see the end of this post for links!)
We’re going off track from that recipe a little bit today, because we gotta load these babies up with protein!! Here’s how that happens. —>
√ A couple scoops of vanilla protein powder.
√ Tons of greek yogurt.
√ Mashed banana.
Not only does this trio add up all your protein, but it also does its job extremely well flavorwise and texturewise.
These pancakes aren’t too sweet, yet perfectly balanced. Not at all dense in texture, but SO freaking thick, fluffy, and more or less the texture of a cloud. ♥
What could possibly make all this power pancake heaven even better you may ask? The answer is and possibly always will be warm chai-spice maple syrup. Infused syrups win the freaking trophy every.dang.time when we’re talking about pancake toppers.
Dump it on heavy or in waterfall-type quantities and don’t look back, guys.
Last but not least…your face really wants to meet it’s new source of morning POWER. ???
Protein Power Pancakes with Chai Maple Syrup
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chai spice recipe here
- Fruit for serving optional
- Make the pancakes: In a large bowl, combine flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk mashed banana, agave, yogurt, coconut oil, egg, and milk until smooth. Fold flour mixture into liquid mixture until batter is just combined.
- Cook pancakes by 1/4-cupfuls on a greased hot skillet, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep pancakes warm.
- Make the syrup: In a small saucepan, heat syrup and chai spice until syrup is just simmering. Remove from heat and serve syrup hot with pancakes. Garnish pancakes with fruit if desired. Enjoy!
Pancakes are a lifestyle, friends. —>