This cozy spaghetti squash bake is loaded with three kinds of cheese and tons of tender broccoli and chicken. You won’t even believe it’s so easy to make AND healthy for you!
Hi, guys. Meet the new-and-improved/the only way you’re gonna want to eat spaghetti squash from here on out to forever.
Forever is a long time, FYI, but not long enough if we’re talking about the spaghetti squash bake that I’m positive fell from some form of spaghetti squash he-av-en.
It definitely didn’t get “squashed” on it’s way down from heaven though, you guys.
K, that one was bad. Please stop cringing and I’ll do the same.
Okay, so basically you guys, this is a casserole full of hopes and dreams. It’s not actual carbs, which kinda puts a damper on things since cheese + carbs go hand in hand, but trust me on this: you’re not gonna NEED the actual carbs because spaghetti squash does it’s job like a dang pro.
Let me break it down for you. —>
- Spaghetti squash gets roasted and then pulled into strands.
- Chicken + broccoli florets get sauteed and then a simple alfredo sauce is made right in the same pan.
- Spaghetti squash meets chicken/broccoli alfredo sauce.
- The whole shebang meets the casserole dish which meets CHEESE. And three kinds, because going light on the cheese is just not something I want to get in the habit of doing.
- A short little bake time later…let’s just agree that our lives are officially just very, very right.
Lookit’ that stretch of cheese perfection. Don’t even deny that you’re not drooling.
Don’t even deny the fact that you don’t feel inclined to hop into your car right now and go buy out your nearest grocery store of all the spaghetti squash you can physically carry.
I haven’t done either of those things EVER, so I wouldn’t know, I guess…
Although if we’re being honest here, all that gooey cheese currently all up in our faces is becoming a problem for me. I want this spaghetti squash for breakfast is the gist of it, guys.
If anyone asks…you saw nothing. Shhh…..
Three-Cheese Chicken Broccoli Spaghetti Squash Bake
- 1 spaghetti squash halved and baked at 400F 40 minutes until tender
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Using a fork, scrape out the inside strands of spaghetti squash and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and broccoli in butter until chicken is no longer pink and broccoli is tender.
- Stir flour into skillet and slowly add milk and cream until smooth. Bring sauce to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pepper to taste and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti squash and gently toss until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture in a greased 9x13 baking pan and sprinkle top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake spaghetti squash at 375F 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove bake from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Spaghetti squash paradise…here you come!!
Cincinnati Turkey Chili Spaghetti Squash Boats
Pesto Spaghetti Squash Sausage Skillet
Just came back here after dinner to share how much my husband and I enjoyed it! I could lick my plate. And by that, i mean, i did. Putting it in as one of our regulars. Thanks for sharing!!!
Oh gosh, I’m so happy to hear that, Gina! This is definitely one of those dinners I do not feel guilty about licking the plate. 🙂 LOL
The title page says 1serving size is 1 cup at 235 Calories, but the actual recipe page says 1 g is 235 calories. Which one is correct? *fingers crossed for 1 cup*
Sorry about that typo! It is 1 cup serving size.