Spaghetti squash loaded with flavorful pesto and lots of sliced sausage! An easy and healthy skillet dinner with only 7 ingredients!
Can we just rename my blog Sarah’s Pesto Obsession already? Pesto is so obviously 100% my thing as of the past three thousand recipes I’ve so graciously shoved in your face…
And spaghetti squash too. My mom and I are both currently on a ridiculous SS bender that shows no sign of slowing down. We’re making up for time lost, y’all.
So heck, we’ll just throw BOTH of these obsessions in one skillet and call our dinner job done here.
In other exciting news…it is day TWO of my 7-Ingredient Dinner Series going on all this week on the blog! Hop on over to yesterday’s post if you want the inside scoop on what it’s all about. 😉
For now and for the remainder of this post…I obnoxiously tell you how stupidly awesome this pesto spaghetti squash skillet is.
And I bat my virtual sad puppy dog eyes at you just to let you know how badly I want you to make it NOW.
Let me explain all the stuff in the best skillet dinner ever. I said “all” but what I really meant is that this entire skillet only houses SEVEN ingredients obviously to fit in with our dinner theme for this week.
I KNOW, right? Don’t pinch me because I never want to wake up from this glorious dinner dream.
Oodles of spaghetti squash, a few veggies, a few sausage links, (simply omit the sausage for a vegetarian dinner!) and your favorite kind of pesto is seriously all we’ve got going on in this pan, but whoa, y’all.
I’m majorly freaking out over all this skillet dinner glory, guys. Just thought you should know.
Now who else besides me and my mom are ready for a Tuesday swan dive into a skillet full of ALL the green dinner feels?
Make that a triple swan dive for me. ??
Pesto Spaghetti Squash Sausage Skillet
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash cut in half and seeds discarded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sweet pepper diced
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 4 chicken or turkey sausages sliced 1/4-in thick
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prick spaghetti squash halves with a fork several times and rub inside with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place squash flesh side-down on a greased baking sheet. Bake spaghetti squash at 400F 40-45 minutes or until squash is tender. Allow squash to cool slightly, then shred squash inside with a fork and place spaghetti squash in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining oil until hot. Saute onion and sausage 5-7 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add spaghetti squash to skillet and stir occasionally until squash is heated through. Stir pesto into squash and season skillet with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve spaghetti squash warm. Enjoy!
Spaghetti squash is a looooooove language, guys!