Roasted until perfectly tender and then glazed with a tangy maple citrus glaze, this roasted acorn squash is an insanely-easy holiday side that’s pretty to look at and even better tasting!
Side dish land for Thanksgiving is looking more and more like it’s gonna be a very good place to hang out this year, guys. Have you even been around my blog this past week??
If not…well, check out my past like 5 posts then don’t even try to deny you’re not ready to go live in side dish land with me.
Is Friday a weird day to do roasted acorn squash, guys? Because it just seemed fitting to me since this squash tastes more or less like candy. Oh man, that GLAAAAAAAZE…
…I want to drink 90% of it and then cover every inch of my food with the remaining 10%.
So, guys. You can officially stop worrying about trying to think up new ways to make that squash at Thanksgiving dinner fun, because this roasted acorn squash is pretty much all you’re gonna need to make the meal.
The freaking EASIEST, yet so darn amazeballs. <3
All we’re doing is tossing our acorn squash in olive oil + salt + pepper and roasting ‘er up til tender and near-perfect.
But only near perfect, because we still gotta glaze. This involves maple syrup, orange juice, orange zest, and a little cinnamon all reduced to syrupy grab-me-a-straw perfection.
Drench those pretty squash rings. Sprinkle the whole shebang in toasted almonds. Then accidentally fall straight into the squash heaven.
My 17-year old brother asked me the other day what my deal was with squash lately. I was confused until I realized he was asking why I was making it like 4-5 times a week. <<< there’s clearly no such thing as winter squash overkill in my mind, guys.
My family are lucky, lucky people, y’all. I wish they would realize this and at least try to embrace the squash love.
Or at the very least…don’t judge me when I’m eating this squash straight off the baking pan.
Maple Citrus Glazed Roasted Acorn Squash
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 small acorn squash peeled, halved, and sliced into 1/4-in thick rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Toss squash rings with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Roast acorn squash at 400F 20-25 minutes until squash is tender.
- Make the glaze: In a small saucepan, bring maple syrup, orange juice, zest, and spices to a simmer over medium heat until glaze is reduced and slightly thickened.
- Remove glaze from heat and immediately drizzle over roasted squash. Sprinkle squash with toasted almonds and serve warm. Enjoy!
Got a squash thing? You’ve GOTTA try these acorn squash bowls next!