Tart cranberries and sweet apples star in this crumb-covered apple pie that’s drizzled with a luscious homemade caramel sauce for one KILLER Thanksgiving pie!
One last pie recipe before Thursday!! I definitely saved the killer-est one for last, you guys.
Killer can describe many things but one thing it can definitely describe well is apple pie + cranberries + crumb topping + caramel sauce. It can only equal amazing things.
I might have just fallen into my form of perfect pie heaven, guys. Not interested in vacating anytime soon either.
>> really though. Just hand me the whole pie and let me be on my way.
So since I basically have a million and one things to cook and basically I have to go make my kitchen a war zone pretty quick here, we’re gonna keep today’s post short and sweet.
I could in actuality, probably talk about this pie for weeks, but I won’t because I couldn’t possibly delight you THAT much.
Here’s how our apple pie business goes down, guys: It goes like apple pie meets cranberries. The two hang out in ONE glorious pie. Get showered with crumb topping. Last but not least, get a waterfall of homemade caramel sauce.
Hi. Can I eat this pie for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and midnight snack on repeat for the rest of all time? That’d be perf.
Just because there’s a loooooot going on in this pie doesn’t mean it’s a pain to make, guys. Ain’t nobody got time to slave over apple pie when there’s a million other things to worry about for Thursday.
The main thing I’m worrying about? How I’m going to explain to my family that I’d rather eat this pie for Thanksgiving dinner.
Not too worried about the judgy faces though. I’ve seen ’em all before. They just hate me cause they ain’t me over here making pie my entire meal.
So…this pie rebellion is officially on??
Cranberry Caramel Apple Crumb Pie
- 1 9-in pie crust, unbaked
- 1 lb granny smith apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Prepare pie crust in a pie dish and set aside.
- Make filling: In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Place in prepared pie shell and set aside.
- Make the topping: Combine all topping ingredients until crumbly and sprinkle over pie. Bake pie at 350F 55-60 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Let pie cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the caramel: In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring butter and sugar to a boil and stir occasionally until caramel is golden-brown and thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in cream, salt, and baking soda.
- Drizzle warm caramel over cooled pie. Slice pie and serve. Enjoy!
Make sure you give this pumpkin pie a try next!!