Get your chocolate and coffee fix all in one gorgeous HEALTHIER muffin! These chocolate chip muffins get their amazing texture from greek yogurt and they go amazing with your morning coffee!
Nobody ever said you couldn’t have it all in one killer muffin, guys.
And I’m here to tell you that muffin goals are real and they are currently staring you in the face.
My opinion may only be sliiiiiiightly skewed since I have an extremely obvious obsession with chocolate/espresso in any and everything in between, but that’s neither here nor there.
Just forget it and eat a few espresso chocolate chip muffins. They don’t ask questions nor do they judge.
Okay, let’s chat about the batter for these muffins. Keeping it fairly simple because it’s just my standard muffin batter base that I use for allllllllll the muffin insanity you see around here.
Only difference we’re gonna throw in the bowl is a nice-sized amount of brewed espresso and tons of greek yogurt. Hello perfect moist textures x10000000!!
Chocolate chips are obviously a given. And clearly a requirement. And you kinda can’t have good chocolate chip muffins without ’em.
Aaaaaaaaand…the famous first chocolate stretch. Mercy…
Do me a favor and please make sure that you have your morning coffee very close alongside these muffins.
Coffee + coffee muffins + chocolate = a morning to be reckoned with obviously.
Greek Yogurt Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, agave, coconut oil, yogurt, eggs, milk, espresso, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in flour, baking powder, and salt until batter is just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups to brim with batter. Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes then reduce heat to 375F and continue baking an additional 13-14 minutes until muffins test done with a toothpick.
- Cool muffins in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Make sure you try these greek yogurt lemon muffins next!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I’m all about using Greek yogurt in baked goods, so these muffins sound fantastic! Especially with the espresso and chocolate flavor. I can’t think of a better muffin to go with my morning cup of coffee!
Espresso chocolate chip muffins??? Gimme gimme! I wish I had one to go with my tea right now!
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says
oh my gawd, these muffins!!!! and you said it, they are killer!! they look soooo good! yum!
Laura @Petite Allergy Treats says
Genius! Everyone loves chocolate and coffee… and I appreciate the melty chocolate stretch. 😀
sooooo fluffyyyyy (heart eye emoji). I want to take a nap on the muffin, and then eat it for a snack when I wake up.
oh yum, this is what I need for my morning breakfast!
Amy @ These Wild Acres says
All of my favorite things in one breakfast muffin! Yes. please.