This loaded breakfast skillet features gorgeous baked eggs on a bed of crispy sweet potato hash browns with tons of avocado and Parmesan cheese on top.—ideal for a healthier weekend brunch!
Day #2 of Sarah’s cast-iron skillet obsession. And I brought BREAKFAST today!! A breakfast skillet to be precise and obviously you can’t hate that.
I do hate the fact that I don’t want anything else for breakfast ever again. ??
Also. This breakfast skillet is living proof that recipe fails can actually be the BEST FREAKING THING ever. This recipe was originally supposed to be mini sweet potato hash browns but that recipe failed haaaaaaard. In the midst of my attempted salvaging of that disaster, I defaulted to a dang awesome AND healthier breakfast skillet which proved to be the best decision ever.
Oh man, do I ever loooooooooove this breakfast, guys. ???
This one is truly the easy of the peasy, friends! Seriously SO much flavor packed into one itty-bitty skillet and it will probably blow your mind to hear that it only involves a mere SIX ingredients!
- The secret to crispy and non-watery sweet potato hash browns? Give ’em a long soak in water. It’s a liiiiittle time consuming, I’ll admit that, but a little planning ahead and you’ll be fine. It’s SO worth it!
- Once your sweet potato shreds have soaked for about 45 minutes, squeeze them completely dry and it’s into the skillet with ’em all! Flip them around several times for awhile until they’re browned and tender.
- Make 4 wells in your sweet potatoes and crack those eggs inside. Into the oven for a few minutes until the egg whites are just beginning to set.
- You can top this breakfast skillet with literally ANY toppings you desire, but I prefer the combo of diced avocado + Parmesan + minced parsley. Heavy on the toppings obviously. ??
This is just one of those breakfasts you might wanna consider eating straight outta the pan, y’all. You know we’re no stranger to that business around here.
Breakfast habits of CHAMPS!!
Sweet Potato Hash Browns Breakfast Skillet
This loaded breakfast skillet features gorgeous baked eggs on a bed of crispy sweet potato hash browns with tons of avocado and Parmesan cheese on top.---ideal for a healthier weekend brunch!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Using a box-hole grater or a food processor, shred sweet potatoes. Cover sweet potato shreds in water and let soak 45 minutes.
Drain water from sweet potatoes and use a clean towel to squeeze sweet potato shreds several times until completely dry.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil until hot. Saute sweet potato shreds in hot oil until browned and tender, about 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Once sweet potato hashbrowns are done, make 4 wells in sweet potatoes. Crack an egg into each well. Bake skillet at 350F 10 minutes or until whites of eggs are set. Top breakfast skillet with diced avocado, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!