Thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies JUST like you get at the bakery! These cookies are made in only minutes in one bowl and NO chilling required.—your new cookie jar favorite!
Long-winded-tale-warning, guys: Today’s chocolate chip cookies are breaking the cookie mindset I’ve had my entire life. It’s always, always, ALWAYS been soft and chewy cookies all the way. No questions asked.
Until…Jason requested that I make him thin and crispy cookies which are the types of cookies HE grew up with. Bakery-style cookies. I told him yeah, of course, so we made a batch together and I prepared to hate them with a huge passion…
…except that actually didn’t happen. All that happened is that I found my new cookie crush and a certain boy got to say I-told-you-so. ???
For real, guys, for someone who grew up with ONLY soft and chewy-type cookies, this whole thin-and-crispy thing sure grew on me quick. I am insanely obsessed with the texture of these cookies. Impossibly crispy on the outside + slightly chewy with gooey chocolate on the inside = ???
^^^ I also want to live in that pile of cookies for approximately 23098 years. ???
Not only are these cookies just insanely the homey kinda GOOD cookies, but they’re also incredibly easy to make. I’m talking basic ingredients + one bowl + bake ‘n’ devour and that’s it.
The secret behind their thin and crispy exterior? Melted butter and less flour. The dough for these cookies will be EXTREMELY soft and sticky and that’s exactly what we’re looking for. There’s no chilling time either. Just mix, scoop, and bake. While they bake they’ll spread out into flat little cookie pancakes of heaven and you will definitely swoon.
Props to boyfriends who challenge their professional chef girlfriends tastebuds. Especially if it ends up with cookies like these.
Trust me, you’re gonna LOVE these chocolate chip cookies, guys! They taste like the kinda cookies you just ALWAYS wanna have stashed in the cookie jar. Know what I mean??
Bakery-Style Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk melted butter with sugars until smooth. Beat in egg, half-and-half, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in flour, baking soda, and salt until a slightly-sticky cookie dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop dough into 1-in balls and place 2-in apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies at 350F 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown and cookies are flat and crispy. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!