Orange and almonds are a match made in heaven in this INSANELY-moist glazed almond orange quick bread! It’s quick to throw together and disappears even faster.
It should not even be humanly possible how ridiculously soft, moist, citrus-y, almond-y, and freaking incredible this bread is, you guys. Don’t even ask for more adjectives because the list could go on for awhile.
But can I just say…I adore every ounce of this glazed almond orange quick bread and even though I won’t scream that adoration from the rooftops…I will if anyone really wants me to.
And I will likely have a piece of this bread in either hand while doing so. Because you’re clearly getting the point that I’m obsessed over here and for VERY FREAKING LEGIT REASONS.
I might calm down at some point during this post…??
Alright guys, so yesterday was the “official” start to spring and honestly I can’t think of any better way to honor that fact besides making this bread. Maybe these lemon bars and these scones on the side? Anywho, let’s get down to quick bread business!
As with all my quick breads, this beauty mixes up in MINUTES in one bowl and honestly, I’ll bet you have all the ingredients on hand. I load up the batter with a double-whammy of fresh-squeezed orange juice and zest. Heavy on the zest because that’s where the most intense orange flavor is!
I fold toasted sliced almonds into the batter and I like to sprinkle a few more on top before baking. So much prettiness. Speaking of prettiness, glaze is hired for that job. Permanently. Good grief, guys. ??
Once you sink your teeth into all this insanely soft quick bread goodness, you WILL be going back for more slices, friends. Rinse and repeat until the entire loaf has vanished.
This almond orange quick bread is best enjoyed outside in the sunshine soaking up EVERY BIT of that newly-arrived springtime goodness. And coffee on the side VERY close by. Of course.
Glazed Almond Orange Quick Bread
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- Additional toasted sliced almonds for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-in loaf pan with tin foil and lightly grease. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until combined. Beat in eggs, yogurt, orange juice, zest, vanilla, and buttermilk until smooth. Gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until batter is just combined. (do not overmix) Fold in almonds.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake bread at 350F 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool bread completely on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, use foil to lift bread out of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bread and top with additional sliced almonds. Slice bread and enjoy!