Creamy peanut butter, gooey chocolate, and crunchy cereal are an INCREDIBLE trio in these soft and chewy rice krispie chocolate chip cookies! Easy to whip up in only 20 minutes with a handful of ingredients.
Ummm, hello. I come bearing pretty much the most insane cookie your cookie jar will ever see.
Gonna say it reaaaaaaaal slooooooow for ya….
Peanut butter meets chocolate meets rice krispie cereal. All wrapped up into one LEGENDARY cookie!
Lately our cookie jars have been locked and loaded with batch after batch of these cookies. They’re just one of those cookies you want to have on hand 24/7, trust me!
A dangerous thing, but SO VERY WORTH IT!
These Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookies feature…
- Creamy peanut butter
- Melty chocolate chips
- Crispy rice krispie cereal
- A perfectly soft-inside-crisp-on-the-outside cookie base
Making Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookies
(scroll down to the end of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Unsalted Butter
- Sugar (both granulated and brown sugar)
- Peanut Butter (creamy works best here!)
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Rice Krispie Cereal (the classic stuff – don’t go for an added-sugar cereal)
- Chocolate (keep reading for different types you can use)
Tips for Baking Cookies
- Shape cookie dough into uniform balls and space apart – you want 1-in balls that are all the same size with at least 1-in of space between them.
- Garnish cookies with additional chocolate before baking – this makes them extra pretty, plus uhh more chocolate is always a good thing.
- Tap sheet pan on counter – you will want to remove the cookies around the 9 minute mark and just give it a few taps on the counter, then return to the oven for about 3 minutes – this helps flatten the cookies out a bit!
- Bake cookies until edges are golden – depending on your oven, it may take shorter or longer for the cookies to bake. Just keep an eye on them after you return them to the oven after the tapping step. You want the edges just a light golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool – don’t touch the cookies on the sheet pan for about 10 minutes. After this time they will have firmed up a bit and you can easily transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Choosing Your Chocolate
We love semisweet chocolate chips best for these cookies, but check out these other amazing chocolate options! You can use any of the chocolates below in either chips form or a chocolate bar cut up into chunks.
- Milk chocolate
- White chocolate
- Dark chocolate
- Butterscotch (technically not chocolate, but SO good in these cookies!)
How to Store Cookies
Cool the cookies completely then store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 2 days. We have noticed that after around the 2-day period, the rice krispie cereal tends to go a little soft.
Because of the rice krispie cereal, I do not recommend freezing these cookies. The texture will not be the same once they are thawed.
Good thing these cookies are so incredibly fast to whip up, you don’t need to plan much ahead of time!
Incredibly soft, yet PERFECTLY crisp + chewy at the same time! Plus loaded down with aaall the melty chocolate. There’s just nothing not to love here.
Totally optional, but we love hitting these cookies with a little flaky sea salt after pulling them out of the oven. Sweet + salty for the WIN!
All the heart eyes for these cookies, guys. You may love them even more than any kiddo would and you KNOW tiny people live for that cereal.
Friday ain’t never seen a finer cookie, guys. That’s just the truth.
Need more reasons to love cereal? You MUST try these winners out next! ♥
Watch these cookies made step-by-step on Google web stories!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer OR with a handheld electric mixer, beat butter and sugars together until completely creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix flour mixture into butter mixture until a soft dough forms. Fold in rice krispie cereal and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into 1-in balls and place 1-in apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350F 9 minutes, then remove from oven and tap pan on counter several times to flatten cookies. Return cookies to oven for an additional 3-4 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Top cookies with a sprinkle of sea salt if desired. Cool cookies on pan 10 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!