Incredibly soft and moist cranberry chai spice ricotta cake is the ultimate holiday cake for your dessert table! Bursting with cranberries, chai flavors, and a simple dusting of powdered sugar.
Return of the almighty ricotta cake!!!!
Gosh, I love ricotta cake. It’s like my favorite cake in the entire world, which I’m aware is a pretty bizarre thing to play favorites with. If you’ve had it, you understand me.
If you haven’t had it……..well, what the actual heck are you waiting for???
I’d offer you leftovers of mine to try, but that’s actually a difficult thing to promise considering that cake leftovers aren’t an actual thing? At least never in my household.
Okay, so easy bakers, listen up!!! This is pretty much the easiest cake you could ever even dream of making. There’s no frosting, no layers, no fancy schtuff, and honestly it’s not even needed. The simple homey flavors of this cranberry chai spice ricotta cake speak PERFECTLY WELL for themselves.
What does the ricotta do? It just provides the most incredible texture of all time. It makes this cake super-moist and dense and almost cheesecake-like in texture.
Pair that with bursting tangy cranberries and cozy chai spices and whaddya get? Just a simple freakin’ good cake worthy of any holiday table.
Again, there’s not even any need for frosting here. A simple dusting a powdered sugar and you are good to go.
Good to go consume a cranberry chai spice ricotta cake in its entirety. <<< that is what I meant.
Cranberry Chai Spice Ricotta Cake
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons chai spice*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a 9-in cake pan. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, ricotta cheese, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth. In a separate small bowl, whisk flour, chai spice, baking powder, and salt until combined. Gradually fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined. Fold in cranberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake cake at 350F 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar and slice into wedges. Enjoy!