Chicken breasts are stuffed with flavorful roasted red peppers, gooey mozzarella cheese, and fresh baby spinach for the easiest twist on stuffed chicken!
Need a cookie break? Oof, just gimme anything with a little green in it stat, please.
Zero objections if there is also cheese involved. Roasted red pepper spinach mozzarella stuffed chicken will do the trick.
If you’re like me and like fancy-ish food with less of the hassle and difficulty, keep reading!
Stuffed chicken breasts may seem like a daunting dinner project, but here’s the deal –>
We’re making this stuffed chicken in under an hour with only EIGHT basic pantry ingredients. It’s about as low-key and basic as your dinner game’s going to get.
This Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken features…
- Juicy pan-seared chicken breasts
- A majorly flavorful filling of garlicky roasted red peppers, fresh baby spinach, and fresh mozzarella slices
Making the Stuffed Chicken
(scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe!)
Preparing the Chicken Breasts
Pat 4 medium chicken breasts completely dry then carefully cut a horizontal slit in each. (about 2/3 of the way through)
Season the chicken with s&p to taste then dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
Now we’re ready to pan sear the chicken breasts in oil/butter until a deep golden brown on each side.
Why are we searing before filling the chicken? This prevents the filling from falling out when you’re searing it! A nifty little trick a sweet reader shared with me. ♥
Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Mozzarella Filling
Saute sliced roasted red peppers and fresh baby spinach in a little olive oil until the spinach is just wilted.
Toss a little fresh minced garlic into the pan and let that cook 1 minute until fragrant. Season ‘er up with more s&p to taste!
Let the filling cool off slightly. While you’re waiting, slice a few thick slices of fresh mozzarella (I recommend a low-moisture fresh mozzarella)
Stuffing and Baking the Chicken
Stuff each seared chicken breast with the pepper/spinach filling and a slice of mozzarella. If you’re worried about the filling falling out while it bakes, feel free to secure with toothpicks!
Bake the chicken 20-25 minutes until each breast temps 165F. Serve alongside your desired side dish!
This entire dinner is like the perfect stuffed chicken package. They are SO good!
The juicy chicken breasts are absolutely brimming with roasted red peppers, wilty spinach, and gooey mozzarella goodness.
Served on a bed of rice, pasta, or alongside some roasted veggies and dinner’s looking pretty amazing tonight!
Definitely check out these other stuffed chicken favorites for next time!
- Fajita Stuffed Chicken with Jalapeno Queso Sauce
- Caramelized Onion Mushroom Swiss Stuffed Chicken
- Skillet Creamy Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken
Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
- 4 medium chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers (sliced into strips)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Pat chicken breasts dry and cut a horizontal slit in each about 2/3 through. Season with salt and pepper and dredge each breast in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and butter over medium-high heat until shimmery. Sear chicken on both sides 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium-high heat, saute roasted red peppers, and spinach in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil until spinach is wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 additional minute until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer filling to a small bowl.
- Return chicken to skillet off-heat. Fill each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and roasted red pepper mixture using toothpicks to secure. Bake at 375F 20-25 minutes or until chicken registers 165F. Remove toothpicks before serving and enjoy!