Chicken breasts are stuffed with flavorful roasted red peppers, gooey mozzarella cheese, and fresh baby spinach for the easiest twist on stuffed chicken!
Need a cookie break? Oof, just gimme anything with a little green in it stat, please.
I won’t object if there is also cheese involved. Zero issues here.
Truth be told, stuffed chicken breasts always scared me. Up until I made these killer beauties a few months back which you guys ALSO fell in love with.
The stuffed chicken game is a game I now freaking adore. Especially when there’s cheese, spinach, and roasted red peppers thrown in there.
It looks like complicated business, but it is SO not. We’ve got this any night of the week, guys. Check ‘er out. >>>
- Our filling is made up of minced garlic, fresh baby spinach, and jarred roasted red peppers. Saute ’em up for a few minutes and that’s that.
- I like to sear the chicken breasts BEFORE filling them with the filling so it’s easier to flip them. Once they’re seared, fill them with the roasted red pepper filling and a big slice ‘o fresh mozzarella.
Let the oven finish off business and our fancy-schmancy dinner game is on POINT.
Just a teensy tiny bit obsessed with ALL THAT MOZZ goodness. Its literally everywhere and there’s even more goodness underneath it. It’s like the perfect stuffed chicken package.
Its also got the green in it soooooo more cookies afterwards?
Roasted Red Pepper Spinach Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
- 4 medium chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pat chicken breasts dry and cut a slit in each about 2/3 through. Season with salt and pepper and dredge each breast in flour. Set aside for a moment.
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, saute garlic, roasted red peppers, and spinach in 1 tablespoon olive oil until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and butter over medium-high heat until shimmery. Sear chicken on both sides 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer to a large plate.
- Fill each chicken breast with roasted red pepper mixture and a slice of mozzarella cheese, using toothpicks to secure. Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 375F 20-25 minutes or until chicken registers 160F. Remove toothpicks before serving and enjoy!