This white wine braised chicken is simple comfort food fancified! Tender chicken thighs are braised in flavorful white wine with lots of tender baby potatoes and mushrooms.
What Monday wasn’t improved by a little wine hanging out in dinner land?
And by dinner land I definitely mean in both your white wine braised chicken and your wine glass.
Maybe even in your dessert too? Hey, it’s either you’re all in or not in.
And believe me. You wanna be all.freaking.in for this white wine braised chicken. There’s baby potatoes and mushrooms too, guys. It’s the freaking best thing your Monday dinner could ever dream of.
Braised chicken is the easy of the PEASY, guys! Best thing about it is that it’s pretty much hands-off work. Almost, kinda sorta. >>>
Braising 101 is as follows: Sear your chicken thighs on both sides, remove ’em, and then saute your aromatics (garlic, herbs, etc)
Throw whatever add-ins you’re braising into the pan which for today includes baby potatoes + mushrooms. Wine and chicken broth into the pan and then nestle the chicken thighs back in.
Cover it and throw it all in the oven to let the braising magic do its business.
Our work here is basically done so feel free to pour yourself another glass of wine.
Then feel free to eat this chicken straight outta the pan, cause HOLY MOLY it is so freaking good. Not even the wine talking.
White Wine Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Baby Potatoes
- 3 bone-in chicken thighs (1 to 1-1/2 lbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1-1/2 lbs baby potatoes
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a large oven-safe saucepan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken thighs on both sides, 1-2 minutes until a deep golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and saute garlic and shallots in remaining drippings until translucent and fragrant. Add, rosemary baby potatoes, mushrooms, wine, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a low simmer over medium high-heat then remove from heat and nestle chicken back into pan. Cover pan and braise chicken at 400F 30-35 minutes then remove lid and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until chicken skin is crisp and golden, registers 160F, and potatoes and mushrooms are tender. Serve hot and enjoy!