This pineapple BBQ beef is made in minutes using the instant pot! The beef is incredibly tender, sweet ‘n’ smoky, and amazing piled into a warm bun.
As crazy as it seems that next weekend is Labor Day weekend already, what’s even crazier is that you’ve got your food agenda all planned out!
Hope you’re as excited to eat MANY of these pineapple BBQ beef sandwiches as I am. ??
If you’re team no-grilling for Labor Day and instead you want your main food event to cook itself while you focus on your drinks/snacks game, keep scrolling…..
Or just let the photos convince ya. This BBQ beef is next level cookout food, minus actually cooking it outside cause instant pot, yooo!
Save space on the grill for things like this bomb charred corn avocado cucumber salad if you want a killer side alongside these loaded sandwiches.
You could also just make your entire meal out of this beef. I promise that’s also a winner decision.
Let’s walk through how to make this pineapple BBQ beef!
To start off, we prep the beef. I typically use a chuck roast for this recipe and you’re going to want to cut that roast into medium-ish 2-inch chunks.
The reason we’re breaking down the roast into smaller pieces is so the beef will cook down and tenderize quicker while it’s cooking in the pressure cooker.
Brown the beef in the instant pot using the SAUTE/BROWN function until you’ve got some good caramelization on all sides.
Next up is the barbecue sauce. We’re making our own from a ketchup base and sprucing it up with pineapple juice, sugar, Worcestershire, white vinegar, and a bunch of spices.
Totally optional addition but I like adding actual pineapple tidbits on top of the pineapple juice to this beef so it picks up the full extent of pineapple flavors.
Cook the beef on high pressure 35 minutes and then let the pressure release naturally for about 10 minutes. The beef should easily shred apart then using two forks.
Toss the beef back into the juices/sauce in the instant pot and now you can keep it on the warm setting for hours!
I’m telling ya, the sweet + smoky flavors we’re able to accomplish in only 35 minutes of cooking is pure insanity. The beef is FALL APART tender and just packed full of flavors.
We love piling this juicy beef in a warm pretzel bun, but feel free to use your favorite!
Feel free to also just eat it with a fork, it is SO GOOOD.
Try out these other cookout favorites next! ♥
Instant Pot Pineapple BBQ Beef Sandwiches
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into 2-in chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained and 1/4 cup juice reserved
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (or regular)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Buns for serving
- Pat beef dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. Heat butter in instant pot using SAUTE function until melted and hot, then add beef roast cubes. Sear beef on all sides, turning occasionally until golden brown. Turn instant pot off and top beef with pineapple tidbits.
- In a medium bowl, whisk ketchup, reserved pineapple juice, sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar, and seasonings. Pour over roast and fasten lid shut on instant pot.
- Cook beef on high pressure 35 minutes, then let release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Use two forks to shred beef roast then toss back into sauce. Keep warm in instant pot until ready to serve with buns. Enjoy!