Smoky chipotle peppers and sweet peaches take this chipotle peach BBQ sauce to the next level! It’s easy to make several jars of this sauce and it’s incredible on grilled chicken, burgers, and more!
Your summer essentials list has a new item on it: the SUMMERIEST homemade bbq sauce you’re going to feel inclined to slather on literally everything.
Summer is for the bbq sauce, guys. I’m not too into bbq sauce in the offseason, but once summer rolls around all bets are off and my grilled chicken is drowning in the stuff.
Extra points if you make it homemade. It literally takes MINUTES to make and you really can taste the difference!
You know me, I love putting smoky chipotles in everything and since peaches are at their peak season right now, it just made sense to slap the two together into one killer sauce.
When I say you will be putting this sauce on all the things, I really do mean all.the.things.
This Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce features…
- A slight smoky flavor from the chipotles
- Perfect balance of sweetness from the ripe peaches and brown sugar
- 25 minutes to make and it makes a big batch of sauce for storing
Making the Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce
(scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe!)
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Chipotles in adobo sauce
Picking out your Peaches
We recommend ripe, juicy peaches for this sauce. The ripeness will help them break down into the sauce better and will add sweet flavors.
This recipe is ideal if you have a bunch of ripe peaches that need to be used quickly!
We love classic yellow peaches in this recipe, but white peaches or even nectarines would also work.
Adjusting Heat Level
It is very easy to dial the heat level up or down in this sauce!
For a milder sauce, start with one chipotle and just a pinch of cayenne pepper and work your way up to taste.
For a spicier sauce, use the suggested three chipotles and cayenne pepper and work your way up to taste.
Tips for Perfect BBQ Sauce
- Use ketchup as base – using ketchup as the sauce base keeps this sauce easy, you’ll get a strong tomato flavor, and a perfect sauce consistency.
- Simmer sauce – simmering the bbq sauce ingredients 20-25 minutes allows the flavors to meld together and form a flavorful sauce.
- Blend the sauce – you can use a food processor (in batches) an immersion blender, or a regular blender to puree the sauce smooth.
- Allow sauce to cool – let the sauce cool off on the counter before transferring to jars or containers and storing. You can also use this sauce straight from the stove in a meal!
What to Serve with BBQ Sauce
- Grilled chicken – brush chicken liberally with sauce several times while grilling, then serve with additional sauce on the side.
- Burgers + sandwiches – top burgers or sandwiches with bbq like you would any other sauce.
- Baked beans – we love this sauce swirled into homemade baked beans.
- Ribs + pulled beef/chicken – one of our absolute favorites!
- Pizza – this sauce makes an excellent sauce base for homemade bbq chicken pizza.
This sauce keeps well in the fridge up to around 2 weeks. You can also freeze this sauce for up to 1 month.
I have not tried it myself, but this sauce could also be canned. I would recommend following a canning guide to ensure you preserve this sauce correctly and safely.
It’s sweet, it’s smoky, it’s got that perfect thick bbq sauce consistency, it’s just everything a GOOD summer sauce should be!
I’m just sayin, your summer game would be automatically upped if you had a few jars of this sauce on hand in your fridge. I currently have 4 in the fridge and it’s definitely not a bummer.
Your new favorite summer condiment awaits!!
More cookout favorites to try next!
Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 medium canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce from chipotles
- 3 medium ripe peaches, pit and skin removed and cut into 1-in cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all sauce ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring sauce to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer 20-25 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Transfer BBQ sauce to a blender or food processor (you can also use an immersion blender!) and blend until sauce is smooth and no chunks of peaches remain.
- Allow sauce to cool before pouring into jars and refrigerating until ready to use.