Baked until perfectly melty and topped with fresh herbs, this baked brie with cherry tomatoes is a super easy appetizer and amazing served with crostini for dipping.
It’s been awhile since we made a killer hot + cheesy appetizer and since we’re only a few days away from the Superbowl…
Like a lot of people, I don’t really care for the Superbowl game, I’m just there for halftime and the snacks, period. This brie will most definitely do the job.
Best parts? It’s literally takes moments to throw together, the ingredient list is minimal, and it’s always a show-stopper.
I mean…tell me you don’t want to just live in that glorious pan of cheesy brie goodness forever.
This Baked Brie with Cherry Tomatoes features…
- Creamy, melty brie cheese topped with flavorful basil and oregano.
- Bursting cherry tomatoes roasted in olive oil, garlic, and balsamic.
- Amazing served with toasted crostini or your favorite cracker for dipping.
Making the Baked Brie with Cherry Tomatoes
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Brie cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
Tips for Perfect Baked Brie
- Bake cherry tomatoes first – the cherry tomatoes will take longer to cook than the brie, so we roast them at 400F in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and oregano about 15 minutes until softened and just beginning to burst.
- Add brie and drizzle with honey – arrange the brie in the center of pan and give it a good drizzle of honey – this little bit of sweetness adds so much flavor!
- Bake brie 10-15 minutes – you’ll know the brie is done when the center is soft to the touch. This means the inside is ooey gooey perfection.
- Top brie with basil – a handful of fresh minced basil adds a lovely herby kick!
What to Serve with Brie
We love serving this brie with homemade crostini or multi-grain crackers for dipping! It’s also amazing served alongside a glass of chilled rose or sauvignon blanc.
If you want to make your own crostini, here’s how we do it: slice a French baguette into small tapa-sized slices and lay in a single layer on a greased sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and broil under high 2-3 minutes until toasted – flip slices and broil an additional 2-3 minutes on opposite side until golden-brown and crispy.
Try this inspiration for a different twist on this brie!
- Try a different cheese – goat cheese or feta cheese would be an amazing swap-out for the brie! Be aware, you may need to adjust cook time slightly.
- Add more veggies – sauteed mushrooms or wilted spinach would be wonderful folded into the bursting cherry tomatoes.
- Try different herbs – fresh parsley or chives would work great in place of the basil.
- Use roasted garlic – instead of roasting the garlic with the tomatoes, fold mashed roasted garlic into tomatoes once they’re done baking for a nutty, extra-garlicky flavor!
It should almost be illegal how addictive this baked brie is, y’all. The fresh herbs on top and the bursting cherry tomatoes are a killer combo with the rich, melty brie. Pair it with some toasty crostini and your life is pretty much made.
You need this brie in your life is the moral of the story here.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch this baked brie made step-by-step on Google web stories!
More hot appetizers you might want to try next!
- Chipotle Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Air Fryer Green Chile Chicken Taquitos
- Caramelized Onion Mushroom Flatbread
Herby Baked Brie with Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (8 oz) brie wheel
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Crostini for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Toss cherry tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and oregano together in a square 9×9 baking dish. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake cherry tomatoes at 350F 10-15 minutes until tomatoes are softened and just beginning to burst. Remove pan from oven.
- Arrange brie wheel in the center of pan and drizzle honey over top. Return pan to oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until brie is soft when center is lightly touched.
- Sprinkle basil over top of brie and cherry tomatoes. Serve brie warm with crostini for dipping. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply