These orange julius slushies feature everything you love about the classic mall drink in refreshing frozen form. Only 10 minutes to make and 5 ingredients needed!
We love a good slushy drink around here and it’s high time you met the latest addiction!
Everything you love about a classic orange julius is getting transformed into refreshing frozen slushy form and I’m pretty sure your life has been incomplete up until now.
And the best part is we’re pulling off these pretty little sippers in only 10 minutes with a handful of ingredients that I bet you have on hand right now!
There’s nothing holding you back from having one of these in your hands.
These Slushies feature…
- Tons of orange and vanilla flavor
- Just a hint of creaminess with the perfect “slush” consistency
- Comes together in minutes in the blender with only 5 ingredients
Making the Slushies
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Orange juice concentrate
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
Blender or Food Processor?
Both of these machines will work great for blending these slushies! We tend to prefer the blender since you can blend everything in one batch, whereas with the food processor you may need to blend in multiple batches to avoid overflow.
Tips for Perfect Slushies
- Use orange juice concentrate – not only is the concentrate already frozen, but it also has a very concentrated orange flavor that flavors these slushies perfectly without the watered-down taste you find in a lot of slushies.
- Add a mix of milk and heavy cream – this adds just a touch of creaminess to the slushies giving it that classic orange julius flavor.
- Add honey to taste – feel free to adjust the sweetness level of these slushies with more or less honey.
Try these ideas for a different twist on these slushies.
- Use a different fruit concentrate – try lemonade, limeade, pineapple, or berry.
- Top slushies with whipped cream – optional, but adds a little touch of indulgence.
- Use a dairy-free milk and skip whipping cream – for a dairy-free slushy, try using oat milk or almond milk.
- Add alcohol – for an adults-only version, add 2 oz vodka or white rum to individual glasses.
If you would like to make these shakes ahead of time for easy serving, follow the instructions below for freezing.
- Follow step 1 for blending and transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container. Freeze slushies up to 1 month.
- When ready to serve slushies, remove frozen mixture from freezer and allow to soften on counter about 20 minutes.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks and place in blender or food processor. Blend on high speed until smooth, adding a few splashes of extra orange juice as needed to thin the texture.
These slushies are just the most refreshing drink you’ll ever blend up! They have the perfect punch of bright orange flavor with just hint of vanilla in the background.
It’s no surprise that these are on instant repeat in our house and a total hit with the little ones! More often than not we end up drinking this goodness straight out of the blender.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More slushy favorites to try next!
Orange Julius Slushies
- 1 (12 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup 2% or skim milk
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Orange slices for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until slushies are completely smooth.
- Pour slushies into glasses and serve immediately with orange slices for garnish if desired. Enjoy!