Learn all the secrets to making perfectly creamy scrambled eggs with this simple recipe and a few easy techniques!
Cooking eggs is a cornerstone to any good cook’s techniques and today we’re tackling what makes a good pan of scrambled eggs! Spoiler alert: there’s zero complicated steps and no fancy ingredients required.
I actually learned some of the techniques we’re using today from Gordon Ramsay during an episode of MasterChef and I was so excited to apply a few of his tips to my own scrambled egg game.
Gordon recommends using the not-so-secret ingredient of sour cream in scrambled eggs to get a perfect creamy texture and pairing that with my slower cooking method and wow, does it ever transform the eggs from “okay” to a real breakfast indulgence.
Trust me, you’ll never take your eggs any other way again.
These Scrambled Eggs feature…
- A perfectly creamy and fluffy texture
- Minutes to make and a blank canvas for many breakfast creations
- Only 3 simple ingredients needed
Making the Scrambled Eggs
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Unsalted butter
- Sour cream
Choosing Your Pan
Always use a nonstick pan when making scrambled eggs to prevent eggs from sticking to the pan during cooking. We personally love using our Always pan for scrambled eggs as it provides an ideal heating environment and the eggs slide right off easily.
Tips for Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Cook eggs over medium heat – be careful not to let your pan get too hot otherwise the egg curds will overcook and become rubbery.
- Remove eggs from heat if cooking too fast – it should take the eggs about 2-3 minutes to cook in total. If you find that they’re cooking too fast, remove the pan from heat for a few seconds to regulate the temperature.
- Fold sour cream in eggs at end of cooking – once the eggs are mostly set, gently fold in 1 tablespoon sour cream until sour cream is melted and eggs are creamy.
Try these ideas for serving scrambled eggs.
- Avocado or regular toast
- With add-ins – try folding in sliced avocado, cheese, sauteed mushrooms, spinach, sweet pepper, fresh herbs, a drizzle of hot sauce, salsa, and so much more!
- In a breakfast burrito or sandwich
- Alongside a breakfast meat such as sausage or bacon
There you have it, the secret to perfectly creamy scrambled eggs is now in your hands! And boy do they ever do their job right, the eggs are so insanely fluffy, yet creamy at the same time with just the right amount of tang from the sour cream.
You just won breakfast in the most simple way, congrats.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More egg breakfast favorites to make next!
Creamy Scrambled Eggs
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or crème fraiche
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced green onions and cheese for serving, optional
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour eggs into pan and use a flexible spatula to gently fold eggs several times, removing eggs from heat for a moment if they're cooking too fast. Eggs should take about 2-3 minutes to fully cook.
- Once eggs are almost set, fold sour cream or crème fraiche into eggs until melted. Remove eggs from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, and fold in green onions and cheese if desired. Serve eggs immediately and enjoy!
This post was updated with new recipe tips and photos on 2/22/24.