This XXL blueberry pancake is unbelievably moist, fluffy and exploding with juicy blueberries in every bite.—Just big enough for one hungry pancake-lover!
Alright, who’s down for a blueberry pancake the size of their FACE today??
Say heeeeeeeeeey to Mr. XXL blueberry pancake. Another one to add to the steadily-growing pancake archives. Are you sensing the fact that I am a complete and total pancake fuh-reeeeeeak??
It’s true. Join me in my pancake sanctuary where there is ZE-RO judging over mass quantities of pancakes made and devoured. ♥
Speaking of which, we need to talk about the ridiculous mass of today’s pancake. Did you notice how freakin’ GINORMOUS it is?? Is there any way that you could NOT notice that it’s about 3x the size of your average pancake??
This is a sign of good things to come, friends.
So. One pancake was born how? Because I recently realized that not everybody needs 10,000 pancakes for breakfast. (although that’s totally epic) Sometimes all you need is one big one the size of ‘yo FACE.
Unless you have a freakishly-huge family like me who totally binges on pancake-morning, chances are you find yourself left with like 5,000 additional pancakes, right? Uhmm obviously AFTER the second pancake feed frenzy of course…
Never fear, the solution is HERE. An XXL pancake like the ones you see in your dreams. (you know we’ve all had those)
There shall be no fighting over pancake leftovers. Mostly because there won’t BE any leftovers to fight over. And if you shovel it in fast enough, nobody will even be any the wiser that there was once a pancake in the house.
Singular. Uno pancake. For one person.
The early bird gets the worm for reaalz in a situation like this. 😉
I really must insist that you enjoy this pancake STRAIGHT off the skillet while it’s still warm. Slather that butter, sprinkle on some more blueberries and….
Drizzle that syrup and drizzle it good. We ARE, after all, only having one pancake today.
Thus equals diet-food. I pinky promise.
Each luscious XXL bite will melt in your mouth. The butter. The juicy blueberries. All that I’m-gonna-die fluffy texture. Sweet maple syrup.
*cue Sarah’s heart stopping from pancake joy*
And guys. You don’t even have to feel the guilt AT ALL here because again, you kept things on the lighter side and only had ONE pancake for breakfast.
One that happened to be the size of your face, but that’s just little details.
And that’s why your life is now so wonderful. ♥
One Big Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup butter, and extra blueberries for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, oil, and buttermilk. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Heat a large greased skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, pour batter into pan into one big circle. Cook pancake on first side until bubbles appear on surface and begin to pop (about 2 minutes) With a large spatula (or two spatulas) very carefully lift pancake and flip onto opposite side. Cook pancake on opposite side 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Carefully transfer pancake to a large serving plate and enjoy warm with maple syrup, butter, and additional blueberries!
More pancake fun because uhhh, I clearly have a thing for ’em. 😉