Jam-packed with oats, nuts and plenty of gooey chocolate, these simple ultra-chewy snack bars are the best way to energize on a busy weekday!
We’re into snack season now, guys. Eat, live and breaaaath all the snacks.
Mostly eat though, if we’re being completely honest here.
While at the same time we’re cranking out the snacks, obviously we’re still trying to squeeze ALL the last summery things into the last week of August.
The struggle is REAL, people!
I might be just SLIGHTLY bipoler regarding this whole see-ya-summer-hey-there-fall ‘thang.
Pumpkin. Tomatoes. Apples. Zucchini. <—- My brain right now. (eek)
As much as I’m desperately trying to hold on to summer, I can’t help but be excited for all things FALL. Actually, in my mind fall is basically already here since I started school yesterday.
Mixed feelings about that actually. Seriously SO pumped about all the fun stuff that’s in store for me this semester, but at the same time kinda nervous about how different my schedule is going to be.
Happy sidenote: I ordered my chef’s uniform yesterday! It cost me a small fortune but I’m kinda cool with that because it’s going to be kinda awesome. My name’s even going to be embroidered on it!
Just call me Chef Sarah, guys. 😉
Now about these bars. Pretty much the most accurate term that comes to mind is just plain addicting. And awesome. And perfect. And omg-I-need-another.
Okay, that WAS more than one….
Speaking of which, I should probably have another of these just to get my clearly scrambled thoughts under control.
I’m back. All is well. Problem solved if you don’t count the crumbs in my keyboard.
I got so excited about these bars that I nearly forgot to bring up the tiny little tidbit about them kinda being completely butter-free and all that such awesomeness.
True story, guys. The return of the coconut oil. Read all about part 1 here. 😉
These bars are reminiscent of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, only we’re saving TONS of time here since you don’t have to go to the trouble of shaping the dough. Just mix, press, bake and EAT!
Plus these bars are bigger than your average cookie. Just a
little plus. 😀
Ultra, ultra, E-XTRA chewy texture. Jammed to the absolute max with chocolate, oats and all that jazz. Seriously so easy to whip up it’s kinda dangerous…
I should probably just warn you now that your mind is really, really, REALLY just gonna be blown by these bars.
Ka-boom. All over the place.
Tuck these bars into the kiddos school lunchboxes and you’ll pretty much be guaranteed the Parent of the Year Award.
….or…sneak them into YOUR lunchbox and make your Tuesday automatically awesome.
Just between you and me, I’d probably choose that last option. 😉
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Snack Bars
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with tin foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat sugar and sugar until creamy. Beat in yogurt, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour mixture to liquid, gently stirring until a dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan. Bake bars at 350F 25-30 minutes or until bars begin to turn golden around the edges. Cool bars completely in pan on a wire cooling rack. Slice bars into squares and serve.
More snacky inspiration! It’s the most important meal of the day. ♥