Healthier turkey meatballs made easy with minimal prep in the crockpot! Game-day guests will love the bacon and homemade BBQ sauce in these flavorful appetizer meatballs.
Who’s ready for the Tuesday meatball of their dreams?
The meatball that obviously took a swim in barbecue sauce, hung out in the crockpot for awhile, then came out all wrapped in bacon.
I’m currently doing the meatball victory dance. And don’t even try to tell me that you’re not. 😉
So guys. How’s the Superbowl prep coming along? Have you racked up enough appetizer ideas to feed several football teams? That’s the situation I’m finding myself in. Too many bean dips and too many different varieties of nachos to narrow it down. So dang the luck, I guess I just have to make it all.
And I mean it too. Wait ’til you see the two other apps I have to share with you this week.
Lord, save our diets. 🙂
So I have to tell you about these meatballs. And when I say tell I really mean I have to shove picture after picture of meatball insanity in your face and beg you to make them immediately because they really are just the amazing.
Is it the sauce or the whole bacon wrappin’ thing that make them so finger-lickin’ awesome? Maybe the combo of both? Make no mistake, the secret IS in the super-simple homemade BBQ sauce slathering these meatballs. But bacon. It’s an automatic cause for WIN.
And the meatballs themselves. Oh glory, turkey meatballs win every.dang.time. They’re always so so moist and ultra-flavorful, but without the overload of calories.
Cooking ’em in the crockpot only intensifies all that turkey awesomeness to extreme winning heights. Go home, beef!
Each one of these meatballs only contain 91 calories, so I’ve basically given you the green light to eat them all. Give it your best shot.
Just make sure you attack them before your Superbowl guests do, because an empty, meatball-less crockpot is most definitely in your future.
Crockpot BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Meatballs
- 1-1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 strips bacon cut in half widthwise
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, and pepper until just combined. Shape meat into 1-in meatballs. Wrap each meatball in bacon strips and place in a 3-qt slow cooker. Set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl, whisk tomato sauce, molasses, and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over meatballs. Cook meatballs on low 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours until meatballs register 160F on a thermometer. Enjoy meatballs hot!
Make sure you add these other gameday winners to your menu!