Loaded with tons of fresh, healthy Mediterranean goodness and a flavorful sun-dried tomato dressing, this Mediterranean zucchini noodle salad will quickly become a favorite!
Let’s talk about why you’re gonna be wanting to eat this killer zucchini noodle salad every day!
For one thing, it’s absolutely LOADED to capacity with Mediterranean ingredient goodness. For another thing, it’s just about the easiest thing ever to pull together.
Promise you won’t miss the carbs whatsoever here today!
The zucchini noodles fill in flawlessly for regular noodles and gives this salad an extra-healthy feel.
It also just looks dang beautiful which is always a plus if we’re talking about our salad game.
This Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Salad features…
- Tender spiralized zucchini noodles
- Tangy kalamata olives and artichoke hearts
- Fresh cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese
- A tangy sun-dried tomato dressing
Making the Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Salad
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Kalamata olives
- Artichoke hearts
You will need about 3 medium zucchinis and a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles (we typically use the kitchen aid attachment)
If the zucchini noodles are too long once spiralized, break noodles into shorter pieces for easier serving.
In the event that you don’t have a spiralizer, I would recommend trying your local grocery store as a lot of grocery stores carry pre-spiralized zucchini noodles in the refrigerated produce section.
If you can’t find zucchini noodles anywhere and you don’t have access to a spiralizer, take a potato peeler to zucchini and peel into thin long ribbons to use in place of the noodles.
Tips for Perfect Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Buy pit-less kalamata olives and chopped artichoke hearts – this helps speed along the prep time.
- Use oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes – oil-packed tomatoes are typically softer and break down easier into the dressing.
- Make dressing in food processor – we like to make this salad in the food processor because it makes it smooth and completely breaks down the tomatoes every time.
- Dress salad just before serving – don’t dress the salad too far in advance of serving, because the zucchini noodles tend to release water the longer it sits.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this salad!
- Change up the veggies – any fresh veggie would be a welcome addition to this salad. Try peas, sweet peppers, or shredded carrots.
- Use regular noodles in place of zucchini – regular cooked noodles sub in perfectly for the zucchini noodles. You can also do a combination of half regular noodles/half zucchini.
- Swap out the cheese – goat cheese, fresh mozzarella pearls, or grated Parmesan would be great additions.
- Try a different dressing – you can use a pre-made dressing such as balsamic, red wine, or Italian.
How to Meal Prep Salad
All the components of this salad can be prepped ahead of time if you’re looking for a time saver!
Spiralize the zucchini and halve olives, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts up to 3 days in advance and store separately in fridge.
The dressing may also be made and stored in the fridge up to 1 week. When ready to serve, combine everything per recipe instructions and serve immediately.
The sun-dried tomato dressing is what really seals the deal on this beautiful salad and brings SO much flavor to otherwise-boring zucchini noodles.
I think you’ve found your new go-to summer lunch salad!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch this salad made step-by-step on Google web stories!
More summer salads to add to your salad arsenal…
Sun-Dried Tomato Mediterranean Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 3 cups spiralized zucchini (about 3 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1 (12) oz jar artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine spiralized zucchini, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and feta. Set aside.
- Place sundried tomatoes, vinegar, water, and garlic in food processor. With food processor running, drizzle olive oil through top, pulsing dressing until completely smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, toss sundried tomato dressing with zucchini noodle mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste if needed. Serve salad immediately and enjoy!
For a step-by-step guide to making this recipe, check out the video!
This recipe was updated with new photos and recipe notes 5/12/22.