Classic cafe-style cold brew coffee is SO unbelievably easy to make at home you’ll never go back to buying it! This overnight cold-brew coffee is truly a keeper recipe for any coffee lover!
Meet the current obsession amongst all the coffee-drinkers in my family, you guys. The coffee I’m personally gonna be gulping on repeat all freaking summer long.
The thing you no longer need to shell out $5 for at your local coffee joint. It’s only the best dang cold-brew coffee in all the land. ??
Props to Jason for inspiring this cold-brew, btw. He convinced me to give it a try so I did just cause I’m always down for a new coffee love. Spoiler: I fell hard and fast in love. Possibly love it more or less as much as I do him. ??
This cold-brew coffee recipe is seriously so unbelievably DICTIONARY to the stuff you buy at cafes and coffee shops. I shared the recipe with my mom and my sister and they couldn’t even believe how good it was either.
All three of our fridges are currently stocked and loaded with half-gallons of cold-brew coffee, no lie y’all.
P.S. YAY for step-by-step visuals! This coffee is honestly just about the most hands-off, easiest coffee process ever, but pictures are nice so here’s a ton for you! And some words too I guess.
I’ll let the words do most of the talking for me, BUT I really cannot emphasize enough one main point. >>>
Cheap coffee grounds. Believe it or not, they are honestly best for this type of coffee. Because the grounds soak for so long in the water, they cut out nearly all of the bitterness you usually find in cheap coffee and makes it unbelievably smooth and rich in flavor. Seriously, don’t even waste your money on expensive grounds for cold-brew. Cheap does the job to perfection.
It’s so good just on its own, but if you’re a cream and sugar kinda coffee person, then I’d recommend a little bit of flavored creamer + a little bit of milk and ice. <<< your new coffee love.
Main point #2: Big batches of this cold-brew coffee is a MUST. Seriously, make more than you think you’ll drink in a week cause I guarantee you’ll drink most of it in the first two days.
Do you get the feeling I’m obsessed? Fellow coffee-freaks, you’re about to understand why.
Cafe-Style Overnight Cold-Brew Coffee
- 1 cup dark-roast coffee grounds**
- 3 cups cold water
- Creamer, milk, and ice for serving
- Place coffee grounds in the bottom of a 1-quart mason jar. Pour cold water on top and use a spoon to stir to completely combine. Screw lid on top of jar and chill cold-brew overnight or at least 16-18 hours.
- Set a cheesecloth over strainer and place strainer over an empty 1-quart mason jar. Pour cold-brew coffee through strainer, a little bit at a time until all the cold-brew coffee is strained. Discard grounds.ALTERNATE STRAINING METHOD: Pour cold-brew coffee/grounds into a french press. Slowly plunge down until completely strained. Pour coffee into a mason jar and discard grounds.
- Refrigerate cold-brew coffee for up to a week and serve with creamer/milk, and ice. Enjoy!