Shaved brussels sprouts and soft delicata squash cubes star in this loaded zucchette pasta skillet dinner that’s super easy to throw together and packed full of healthy goodness!
I’m totally still full of my mother’s cornbread stuffing guys, but I’m just popping in real quick to tell you that um….if there is any space left in your stomach today YOU MUST fill it with this zucchette pasta.
Aka, PUMPKIN-FREAKING-SHAPED pasta, guys. *suddenly finds room*
We’re to the official end of pumpkin season but pumpkin-shaped pasta I’ve decided just doesn’t count. It’s also got delicata squash and brussels sprouts goodness going on so it’s festive almost-December food and totally appropriate.
Also, I just can’t. It’s little pumpkins, guys. Pumpkin.Shaped.Pasta.
If you’re finding yourself in a bit of a food hangover sitch today, trust me, this zucchette pasta skillet is the answer.
It’s not time-consuming to throw together, it’s packed full of healthy stuff like shaved brussels sprouts, soft delicata squash cubes, and ALL the Parm cheese, cause cm’on, it’d be weird not to. And probably disrespectful to the almighty cheese.
Gosh tho that’s a pretty fine looking pasta skillet. >>> ???
I almost feel bad eating these tiny little pumpkins cause they’re so freaking cute but I can’t dwell on that too much because they are SO SO good, guys.
Idk about you but regular pasta is out now. We’re all about to turn into pasta snobs, guys but it’s all good.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Zucchette Pasta + Delicata Squash
- 1-1/2 cups delicata squash, peeled and diced into 1-in cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups shaved brussels sprouts leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz hot zucchette pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small baking dish, toss delicata squash cubes with olive oil. Arrange in a single layer and roast at 400F 15-20 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, caramelize onions in butter until onions are a deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add brussels sprouts leaves and garlic and cook an additional 5-8 minutes until leaves are slightly wilted and garlic is fragrant.
- Add butternut squash, hot cooked zucchette pasta, Parmesan cheese, and fresh thyme, tossing to combine and cooking over medium heat 5-10 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!