Caramelized onions, a sweet cranberry mustard, and creamy brie cheese take this turkey brie panini over the top!
I know, we haven’t even sat down to the actual turkey dinner yet….but you can’t hate on a sandwich like this!!
And at this rate, you’ll be fully prepared for Friday when you find yourself drowning in turkey and craving something beyond leftovers.
Also, just sayin’ you definitely don’t need to wait for the biggest turkey leftover day to enjoy these paninis. We’ve been making a version of them the past few months and we are OBSESSED.
Y’all, this is THE leftover sandwich king. It’s got all the sandwich essentials with plenty of cheese, meat, greens, and even caramelized onions thrown in there.
We’re going all out, yes.
This Turkey Brie Panini features…
- Tender turkey breast slices
- Creamy, gooey brie cheese
- A sweet + tangy homemade cranberry mustard
- Flavorful caramelized onions
Making the Turkey Brie Panini
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe
Ingredients You Will Need
- Turkey breast slices
- Brie cheese
- Dried cranberries
- Whole-grain mushroom
- Baby spinach
- Challah or sourdough bread
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Vidalia onion
Choosing Your Bread
We recommend a heartier bread for this panini. Our personal favorites are a loaf of challah or sourdough bread.
The fresher you can get the bread, the better! I know it can be tempting to skimp on the quality of bread, but it really does set the foundation for a good sandwich.
Tips for Perfect Turkey Panini
- Use leftover turkey – you can also use deli-sliced turkey if you don’t have leftover turkey in the fridge or freezer.
- Caramelize onions – homemade caramelized onions really take this sandwich to another level! Well worth the extra few minutes.
- Make cranberry mustard – all you will need is dried cranberries and whole-grain mustard. Process in a food processor until the cranberries are broken down into a thick spread.
- Use a panini press to cook sandwiches – we think this is the easiest way to cook sandwiches, especially if you’re doubling or tripling the recipe for a crowd. If you don’t have a panini press, a large pan on the stovetop will also work just fine!
Don’t have all the ingredients on hand or don’t care for them? Try these variations!
- Try chicken or ham – if you don’t have turkey on hand, you can easily swap it out for cooked chicken or ham.
- Use another cheese – swiss, provolone, or gouda would be great in place of the brie cheese.
- Skip the greens – if you’re not a fan of spinach in hot sandwiches, just leave it out!
What to Serve with Panini
This panini is definitely hearty enough to stand on its own, but it also pairs incredibly well with the following. –>
- Soup – try soups such as tomato, butternut squash, or French onion soup.
- Salad – try just a simple tossed salad or spice it up with this warm sweet potato kale salad.
- Chips – tortilla chips, potato chips, or your favorite!
It’s the cranberry mustard that really does MAKE this sandwich, you guys! Paired with the tender turkey, gooey brie, and flavorful caramelized onions and we’ve really just got a winner before us.
Feel free to let me know if you’re eating this all weekend cause honestly, same.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More recipes to use up leftover turkey!
- Instant Pot Poblano Turkey White Chili
- Apple Gouda Pesto Turkey Panini
- Candied Pecan Turkey Cranberry Apple Spinach Salad
Caramelized Onion Turkey Brie Panini
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 4 slices challah or sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 4-6 slices turkey breast
- 4 slices brie cheese (rind removed)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and swirl pan to evenly coat. Add onions and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onions are a deep golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine dried cranberries and mustard. Pulse several times until a paste forms. Spread inside of 2 bread slices with cranberry mustard. Spread outside of bread slices with softened butter.
- Begin layering spinach, turkey slices, caramelized onions, and brie cheese on top of cranberry mustard. Add top piece of bread butter-side facing up.
- Heat a panini press or large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sandwiches one at a time in panini press or in skillet until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. (flip paninis once if using skillet) Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!