This roasted vegetable pasta features a rainbow of tender roasted summer vegetables tossed with pasta and topped with lots of fresh basil and burrata cheese.
We’ve officially hit that part of summer when summer vegetables are everywhere you look. So a loaded pasta with just about every vegetable under the sun is the obvious answer!
Roasting summer veggies is the absolute easiest way to use up a bumper crop since it’s fairly fast, doesn’t require you to have your oven on for a long time, and you can pile them into beautiful pasta dishes like this one.
All that summer produce sitting on your counter is begging for a use and this pasta is just the ticket!
Even better when you pile your own personal bowl with big chunks of creamy burrata and plenty fresh basil.
Pure summer bliss, y’all.
This Roasted Vegetable Pasta features…
- Roasted summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms, sweet pepper, cherry tomatoes, and red onion.
- Tender pasta.
- Creamy burrata cheese and fresh basil.
Making the Roasted Vegetable Pasta
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Summer squash
- Button mushrooms
- Sweet pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes
- Burrata cheese
Choosing Your Vegetables
The best part about this pasta is that anything goes as far as the kind of veggies you want!
We use a simple mix of zucchini, summer squash, mushrooms, pepper, cherry tomatoes, and red onion in this pasta. It provides SO much color and summer goodness!
If you’re not a fan of any of the veggies included in this recipe, it’s very easy to simply omit it, substitute a different vegetable, or increase the amount of another vegetable included in the recipe.
Tips for Perfect Roast Vegetables
- Cut vegetables into uniform sizes – most of the vegetables in this recipe are cut to 1/2-in size which we found is perfect for a quick roasting.
- Roast vegetables at a high temperature – we find that 400F roasts the vegetables perfectly in 25-30 minutes.
- Use whole unpeeled garlic – toss the garlic cloves on top of the vegetables for easy roasting. Once the vegetables are done, simply slip the skin off and finely mince garlic.
- Use fresh basil – this adds an incredible pop of flavor to the pasta!
Try these ideas for a different twist on this pasta!
- Add protein – cooked chicken cubes, sausage, or bacon would be great meaty additions!
- Change up the vegetables – sweet corn, broccoli, carrots, green beans, or eggplant would all work as veggie substitutes. Note that you may have to adjust the cook time slightly.
- Pick a different cheese – fresh ricotta or mozzarella pearls would be a great substitute for the burrata.
- Try different herbs – try fresh oregano, chives, or parsley.
This pasta goes incredibly well alongside any grilled protein! We recommend serving pasta in individual serving bowls with plenty of torn burrata and fresh basil nearby for topping.
The best part about this pasta is that it’s amazing served hot or warm! We love packing up leftovers for work lunches the next day.
The variety of tender roasted vegetables absolutely MAKES this pasta! It’s so pretty to look at, plus tastes even better to boot.
Pro tip: don’t skimp on the fresh burrata on top, just don’t do it.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More dishes featuring summer vegetables to try next!
- Charred Corn Sun Dried Tomato Orzo Salad
- Thai Green Curry Tofu
- Grilled Chimichurri Chicken and Vegetables
Summer Roasted Vegetable Pasta with Burrata
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-in chunks
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 1/2-in chunks
- 1 medium sweet pepper, cut into 1/2-in chunks
- 8 oz button mushrooms, cut into 1/2-in chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-in chunks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium whole cloves garlic
- 1 lb pasta (fusilli, penne, etc.) cooked according to package instructions and kept warm
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 8 oz burrata cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a large sheet pan.
- Toss zucchini, summer squash, mushrooms, red onion, tomatoes, olive oil, red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste together on sheet pan and arrange into a single layer. Arrange garlic on top.
- Roast vegetables at 400F 25-30 minutes until vegetables are tender and tomatoes are bursting. Remove skin from garlic, finely chop, and toss back into vegetables.
- Place warm pasta in a serving bowl and toss veggies and basil into pasta until evenly combined. Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste if desired. Break burrata into chunks and arrange over pasta and serve warm. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply