Covered in a creamy cilantro lime sauce and roasted alongside baby potatoes and broccoli, this creamy cilantro lime chicken is an easy sheet pan dinner that’s ready in under an hour!
Sheet pan dinners like this beauty right here never go out of style! Especially if there’s a creamy cilantro sauce involved.
And the fact that we’re roasting up everything on one sheet pan in less than an hour, plus getting some veggie action in there just seals the deal.
We sure love our sheet pan dinners around here and this one is yet another winner to add to the rotation. It’s SO simple, yet the flavors are out of this world!
It’s so good, we may or may not sometimes just eat it straight from the sheet pan like total animals. You’ll soon see why!
This Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken features…
- Juicy and moist baked chicken breasts
- Tender roasted yellow baby potatoes and broccoli
- An incredibly flavorful cilantro lime cream sauce
Making the Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Chicken breasts
- Unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- Baby potatoes
- Chicken broth
- Heavy whipping cream
Choosing Your Chicken
We love using boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, however, this recipe works well with a variety of different chicken cuts.
In addition to breasts, you can use bone-in chicken thighs or boneless chicken thighs. Be aware, the cook time may need to be adjusted slightly and always temp your chicken with a thermometer to ensure it reaches 165F.
Tips for Perfect Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Pan sear chicken – this gets a good golden sear on the chicken and builds a flavor base for the sauce.
- Par cook potatoes and broccoli – these will take quite a bit longer than the chicken to cook, so par cook them on the sheet pan for about 20-25 minutes before adding the chicken.
- Use fresh lime and cilantro in sauce – fresh makes such a huge difference when it comes to flavors here!
- Don’t overcook chicken – if you find the chicken reaches 165F before the potatoes and broccoli are tender, just remove the chicken and continue cooking the vegetables until they are tender.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this recipe!
- Try a different vegetable – sweet pepper, squash, sweet potatoes, zucchini, or mushrooms would be great veggie options.
- Change up the meat – salmon fillets would be a great sub for the chicken. Be aware that you will have to adjust cook time slightly as salmon tends to cook faster.
- Use a different citrus – lemon would be delicious in place of the lime.
Make Ahead Instructions
Follow these instructions for easy make-ahead instructions!
- Cut vegetables – cut the potatoes, cover in water, and store in fridge up to 2 days. The broccoli can also be cut and stored separately up to 2 days.
- Make the cilantro lime sauce – the sauce can be made and stored in fridge up to 4 days. Reheat over medium heat on the stovetop before drizzling over chicken.
This is just one sheet pan full of the most dynamite flavors! The chicken is juicy, the potatoes + broccoli are perfectly tender, and the creamy cilantro lime sauce just brings all the flavors up to a 12/10. Tangy, creamy, herby perfection.
Definitely one for the dinner rotation, but don’t be surprised if it ends up on the menu weekly!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch this cilantro lime chicken made step-by-step on Google web stories.
More weeknight chicken recipes to try next!
Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken with Baby Potatoes and Broccoli
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into 1-in florets
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 small breasts)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Juice from 1/2 medium fresh lime (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chicken and Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a large sheet pan and set aside for a moment.
- Combine baby potatoes, broccoli, and 2 tablespoons olive oil on half of sheet pan. Arrange into a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Roast potatoes and broccoli at 400F 20-25 minutes until vegetables are nearly tender.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels and evenly season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add butter and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until chicken is golden brown. Transfer chicken to other half of sheet pan.
- Roast chicken, potatoes, and broccoli at 400F an additional 10-15 minutes until chicken registers 165F and potatoes and broccoli are tender.
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- While the chicken bakes, make the sauce. Heat the pan you used to sear the chicken over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté in pan drippings until tender. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour chicken broth and heavy cream into pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer 5-10 minutes until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in lime juice, and cilantro. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly pour cilantro lime sauce over roasted chicken and vegetables. Serve immediately warm and enjoy!