Creamy banana bread steel-cut oatmeal cooks low ‘n’ slow for hours in the crockpot and is loaded with banana bread flavors! The best way to start the day.
Raise your hand if you think a mashup of the two best breakfasts ever in one crockpot is just a good way to start off the week.
This belle of a breakfast bowl is hands down the best way to start off any morning!
I mean look at that beauty down there! >
How we’re rolling today: Yet another easy-peasy breakfast for all your breakfast desires and NEEDS.
This Banana Bread Steel-Cut Oatmeal features…
- A creamy oatmeal base with hearty steel-cut oats
- Sweet, flavorful banana flavor
- INCREDIBLY easy to make from the crockpot!
Making Banana Bread Steel-Cut Oatmeal
(scroll down to end of post for the full recipe!)
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ripe mashed banana
- Steel-cut oats (do not substitute old-fashioned rolled oats or quick-cooking here)
- Milk (non-dairy substitutes such as almond work also works great!)
- Vanilla + ground cinnamon
Time You’ll Need
This oatmeal requires a 6-8 hour cook time on low in the crockpot.
Cooking it on low for a long time is key to getting a super creamy texture! Don’t be tempted to speed it up by cooking it on high.
Toppings for Oatmeal
There’s so many possibilities for topping this oatmeal! Several of our favorites include…
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, etc.)
- Mini chocolate chips
- A couple swirls of creamy peanut butter
The creamy, sweet banana flavors in this oatmeal is so incredible! We love loading these bowls up with all the toppings we can fit.
Make it the night before for a hot breakfast waiting for you the next morning OR make a big batch of it in the beginning of the week for reheating!
Enjoy the easiest oatmeal EVER thanks to your crockpot!!
Crockpot Banana Bread Steel-Cut Oatmeal
- 4 cups milk (2%, whole, or almond milk all work)
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey or agave syrup or more to taste
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- Dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, or milk for serving (optional)
- In a greased 3-qt crockpot, combine milk, mashed banana, cinnamon, vanilla, honey, and oats. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours until oatmeal is creamy and soft.
- Serve oatmeal hot with desired toppings and milk. Enjoy!
Kick-start your Monday with these other breakfast wins!