Sweet blackberries and fragrant rosemary are the perfect match in these refreshing blackberry rosemary margaritas.–Gorgeous cocktail choice for a fancier sipper!
THIS blackberry margarita is what you want to be sipping on all Labor Day weekend, trust me!!!
It looks fancy cause it actually is. But it’s also just about the easiest thing you could ever mix up. I wouldn’t rule out pitchers either. LONG WEEKEND PREP.
Also pleaaaaaaase don’t be scared by the addition of rosemary here. I promise it’s not like a chimichurri or marinade cocktail or something weird and gross like that.
I’ve only just started experimenting with trying different herbs in cocktails and it’s seriously SO GOOD. Rosemary only adds a hint of piney herb flavors that play SO WELL with the tangy sweet blackberries.
Also plays well with tequila. Like most things on earth do obviously.
Here’s our marg prep, guys! First off we’re gonna muddle the blackberries and rosemary with a little agave syrup and a whoooole lotta lime juice. In simple English, we’re just gonna smash everything together until the blackberries release their juices.
Strain everything back into your cocktail shaker and dump some tequila and ice on top. Shake everything around for a bit, (seriously, most fun part right here) then pour off all that goodness into your awaiting salt-rimmed (or sugar if you’re not a salt fan!) glasses.
Can’t stop, won’t stop freaking out about that COLOR. (!!!!)
Make sure you garnish those pretty glasses with a wedge of lime, maybe a sprig of rosemary, and any extra blackberries ya got! Almost too pretty to drink, but that’s sure as heck not gonna stop you.
Cheers to the last officially-official weekend of SUMMAH.
Blackberry Rosemary Margaritas
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (plus a few more for garnish)
- 1-1/2 oz agave syrup
- 3 oz freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 oz silver tequila
- Ice and salt-rimmed glasses for serving
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle blackberries and rosemary with agave and lime juice until blackberries completely release their juices. Strain mixture, discarding solids.
- Return blackberry juice mixture to cocktail shaker and add tequila. Shake with ice until condensation forms on outside of cocktail shaker, about 1 minute. Pour margaritas into salt-rimmed glasses with ice. Serve immediately and enjoy!