Fragrant rosemary and sweet maple syrup are the perfect combo in these tender rosemary roasted sweet potatoes! They come together in minutes and go well with a variety of dishes.
You’re about to seriously liven up your side dish game with these sweet potatoes!
Rosemary and maple syrup are a natural match made in heaven coating these sweet potatoes and the best part is that we’re pulling it off on one sheet pan in mere minutes.
Y’all, you’ll be eating this goodness straight off the pan, trust me.
The sky’s the limit for what you can pair these sweet potatoes with for a fall dinner but honestly, don’t rule out eating them all on their own. They are BOMB!
These Roasted Sweet Potatoes feature…
- Tender sweet potato cubes roasted in fragrant rosemary and sweet maple syrup
- Toasted pecans for a crunchy topping
- Minutes to make and goes well with a variety of meals
Making the Roasted Sweet Potatoes
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Sweet potatoes
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
How to Prep Sweet Potatoes
You will need about 3 medium sweet potatoes for this recipe. Wash the sweet potatoes well and cut into uniform 1/2-inch cubes for roasting.
No need to peel the sweet potatoes for this recipe! We think the skin gives them a better texture, plus you get the extra nutrients.
Tips for Perfect Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Cut sweet potatoes in uniform size – this will help all the sweet potatoes roast evenly.
- Use fresh rosemary – this makes a huge difference flavor-wise!
- Top sweet potatoes with toasted pecans after baking – this will keep the pecans from overcooking.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this recipe.
- Try a different nut – try almonds, pine nuts, or walnuts in place of the pecans
- Use a different herb – try thyme or sage in place of the rosemary.
- Top sweet potatoes with cheese – try goat cheese or feta as a topper.
How to Serve Sweet Potatoes
These sweet potatoes go well with a variety of dishes! Try out these ways…
- Alongside a roast chicken or turkey
- As a Thanksgiving side dish – keep them warm in the slow cooker!
- In a salad – liven up your salad game by throwing these sweet potatoes on top of your favorite salad.
Get ready to fall in love with a sweet potato because this recipe is it! The sweet maple, herby rosemary, and crunchy pecans seriously take these roasted sweet potatoes to the next level.
Fall perfection wrapped up in a bowl, the end.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch these sweet potatoes made step-by-step on Google web stories.
More ways to cook with sweet potatoes!
- Southwest Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers
- Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad
- Hot Honey Crispy Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a large sheet pan. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, maple syrup, olive oil, rosemary, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on sheet pan. Roast sweet potatoes at 400F 20-25 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Garnish sweet potatoes with toasted pecans and serve warm. Enjoy!
This post was updated with new recipe adjustments and photos on 10/23/23.