This green goddess pasta salad is packed with juicy grilled chicken, tangy feta, and a flavorful homemade green goddess dressing. — it’s the best lunch salad and also perfect for any cookout!
Salad season is almost upon us and I couldn’t think of a better way to kick it off!
We love our green goddess around here if this pasta and this chicken salad is any indication. So naturally we’re back on our game today and putting it in the most summery salad your next cookout will ever see.
There’s pasta, there’s grilled chicken, and no shortage of crumbly feta on top so it’s basically all your salad dreams come true.
Plus it’s packed with the green stuff and just FEELS like a health bomb. There’s no saying no to that argument.
This Green Goddess Pasta Salad features…
- A creamy and perfectly herby homemade green goddess dressing
- Smoky grilled chicken breasts
- Tender pasta, cherry tomatoes, peas, and fresh feta
- Less than an hour to make with lots of meal prep options
Making the Green Goddess Pasta Salad
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
What is Green Goddess?
Inspired from the popular chicken green goddess salad at Panera Bread, green goddess has earned a reputation for being a creamy, herb-forward dressing that usually includes lots of fresh herbs and avocado blended up in a creamy dressing base.
Our version uses two kinds of fresh herbs, a little pesto, garlic, capers, and lemon juice for extra flavor, and a combination of Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and avocado for extra creaminess.
Green goddess is made entirely in your blender or food processor in minutes and is the best way to add a little extra oomph to a salad!
Tips for Perfect Pasta Salad
- Use fresh herbs in dressing – parsley and cilantro add so much flavor to the dressing and gives it a beautiful green color.
- Blend dressing in food processor or blender – a few seconds of blending and you’ll have a perfectly smooth and creamy dressing.
- Rinse cooked pasta in cold water – this cools the pasta fast and prevents it from sticking together.
- Don’t overcook chicken – there’s nothing worse than overcooked chicken breast – always use a kitchen thermometer to test chicken and remove from heat once it hits 165F.
Try these ideas for a different twist on this salad!
- Skip the meat – make it a vegetarian-friendly salad by skipping the grilled chicken.
- Add more veggies – sweet pepper, cucumber, arugula, or spinach would be great veggie additions.
- Change up the cheese – try mozzarella pearls, cubed cheddar, or goat cheese.
Make Ahead Instructions
Prep components of this salad ahead of time with these make ahead instructions!
- Make the dressing – the green goddess dressing can be made and stored in fridge up to 6 days.
- Grill the chicken – grill, cube, and store the chicken in refrigerator up to 6 days.
- Cook the pasta – boil the pasta, rinse in cold water, and store in refrigerator up to 6 days.
- Store assembled salad – once the salad is assembled, we recommend storing around 4 days.
This salad is just bursting with fresh herby flavors! The green goddess dressing really does work its magic here and coat every inch of the tender pasta and juicy chicken cubes with all its creamy goodness.
Make this your summer of ’23 salad! You won’t regret it for a minute.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch this salad made step-by-step on Google web stories.
More of our favorite pasta salads you need to try next!
Feta Green Goddess Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup diced avocado (about 1/2 avocado)
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons jarred or fresh pesto
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz pasta (cavatappi, penne, etc.)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
Green Goddess Dressing
- Place yogurt, mayonnaise, avocado, parsley, cilantro, pesto, capers, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Blend on high speed, scraping down sides as necessary until dressing is smooth.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste and store in fridge until ready to use (up to 6 days)
- Rub chicken breasts all over with olive oil and lemon juice. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until chicken registers 165F, about 8-10 minutes of cooking. Transfer chicken to a cutting board to cool.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle, slice into 1/2-inch cubes and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water until cooled and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, peas, feta, and green goddess dressing to bowl and fold until pasta is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!